Author Topic: What are some of the dumb OCD / anal retentive things that you do?  (Read 264 times)

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
It's been a while since I created a stupid thread, so I guess it's my turn again.  What are some of the dumb OCD / anal retentive-type things that you do?  I don't mean like, truly involuntarily compulsive or addictive types of things, but just the sorts of things that you do that are silly, that you could stop doing if you thought about it, but you do them anyway.  The things that maybe serve a purpose, but you feel dumb or embarrassed describing them to someone else.

This is probably one of the dumber things that I do:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Humans -- what fascinatingly stupid creatures we are at times!
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Online Tanis

Re: What are some of the dumb OCD / anal retentive things that you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:58:20 am »
I have EVERYTHING I own in a database.

I'm also in the process of moving, so I've taken pictures of things before I put them into boxes.
For example...for my comics/books/manga?
I took pictures of them, placed them in different folders, and made the box name the same as the folder name.
Box Name BK01 - Take Picture of everything going into it - Put pictures in folder with name BK01

I keep my CD based entertainment in CD 'wallets'.
Not only are they ALL sorted by system/type and then alphabet...
But EVERY disc is faced 'up'. As in the title is as horizontal as I can get it.

I also have to honk my car door lock two times.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:37:43 am »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
You know, I do this too but due to the kind of bread if use, it actually does mean if I don't the slices can be a horrible match and I'll have a slice the half of the other one at times. Then at lunch my cheese/salami will be all over the place. I have to match the orientation right too, so if I butter the wrong side of a bread, I am like MY FUCKING GOD NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN.

Because we can!

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 05:33:50 am »
Sometimes I habitually stack multiple items (e.g. recyclables, clothes, envelopes of different sizes) to use less space, when I could easily just use said space to put that stuff on.
Not only that, but I also stack the stuff in such a way that I can balance them if I wanted to pick them up with one hand.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »
I have a similar stack (of doom) on my desk (have had it for the last 5 years). I only ever tidy that stuff up when I accidentally knock it over (which happens eventually). Going by the textbooks and scripts in there my current stack has survived for 3 semesters. I don't consider a subject done unless it resides in the stack.

Another thing I do for no valid reason at all is I make my bed before going to sleep. I don't do it after sleeping because I'm too lazy, but most of the time I do it before sleeping.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »
Man, you guys are a bunch of weirdos.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Online metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »
I have a process for cleaning my room, and so every time I move I just don't clean my room for weeks until I figure out how I want to do it.

Then once I've decided it doesn't change

at the movies drunk & young

Online kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 10:39:14 pm »
the only "OCD" things that i mostly do is keeping things in easy-to-count forms.
e.g. game items in 5s, 10s or 100s, or IRL bundling coins with tapes in the same format.

on a side note, paying a store with that kind of "bundled coins" actually made the cashier raise a brow.
its easy to count so its not bad, but it needs to be untapped first and the coins are sticky with tape residues.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 12:50:08 am »
Whenever I play a boardgame and I have a few of the same tockens, I like to organize the them all in a regular shape except for one which I purposefully misplace. That's not really me having OCDs, it's just me subtly trolling people with OCDs.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline Ultimecia

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 07:55:56 am »
When I wash my dishes I line them all up largest to smallest on the draining rack.

I can't step on the breaks in the path when I cross the railway crossing on my way to work. I have to slow down to make sure I don't.

I'm a bit of a compulsive sorter and liner upper in general. My clothes are currently colour ordered and my husbands t-shirts are all hung with the print facing the same direction.

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 10:47:13 am »
As a kid I used to feel horribly guilty if I didn't take the same amount of steps with both feet when walking over a rug.

Because we can!