Author Topic: Predict how long it takes before Trump is impeached  (Read 922 times)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
Predict how long it takes before Trump is impeached
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:29:30 am »
Well, now that we're stuck with Orange Hitler we may as well start taking bets on how long he'll manage to stick around before he's impeached. There's already an effort... https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/?utm_term=.e5a5eeaadaf1

I'll conservatively predict he'll be impeached within 2 years. Not that a Pence presidency wouldn't potentially be even worse...

I would be very surprised if he manages to go the entire 4 years without getting impeached, or at least seeing impeachment hearings. I won't be surprised at all if it happens within 6 months.

Offline halfelite

Re: Predict how long it takes before Trump is impeached
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:51:17 am »
He wont be impeached.  And its stupid to think a bunch of people behind their keyboards will start the impeaching process.

Their entire agenda revolves around him keeping ownership of his hotel and golf course.  You would have to prove that any misdoing occurred in the interest of his hotel/golf business. It would never make it past the committee to the house and even if it did the house would toss it out right away.

I bet these people are the same ones I saw on the news this morning vandalizing everything during the inauguration a way to protest. Here let me smash this window at Starbucks to show I disapprove of the president   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:54:42 am by halfelite »

Offline krumm

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:16:07 am »
My prediction is that he has 8 years and the MSM will continue to dig there own graves with lies.

IDK why people think impeachment is even in the cards with congress under repub control.  I'm just glad we dont have to hear ME.ME.ME.I.I.I from zero anymore. 

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 01:25:52 am »
I bet these people are the same ones[...]
And that's when your comment went full retard.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline Tanis

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 03:09:36 am »
I'm not sure.

He's got a very stupid, very rabid, base.

The kind that's willing to shoot up black churches and pizza places.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 05:34:04 am »
I'm not sure.

He's got a very stupid, very rabid, base.

The kind that's willing to shoot up black churches and pizza places.

Obama had followers torching city's and beating up mentally disabled individuals So I am not sure your point. Anyone can pick the bad seeds out that support one person or another.

And that's when your comment went full retard.

More just blowing off steam. You can hate Trump all you like but the amount of I did not get my way i'm going to smash windows at starbucks and light things on fire. Or I will not perform at the inauguration for X reasons and anyone that did should be boycotted. I may not have liked Obama's policy but be damned if I was invited to perform or do anything I would jump up and go do it that is a huge Honor. I think it just very disrespectful not only to Trump but to the country as well to be so closed minded and to scoff at such a tradition. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:47:14 am by halfelite »

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 02:29:40 pm »
Faced with a possible impeachment, megalomaniacal dictator type like Trumpo da Clown would generally do what he could to eliminate the threat, would he not?

How difficult would it be for him and his cronies to change laws and procedures to prevent impeachment?

Offline Msiku

• ok
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 03:25:08 pm »
pretty darn difficult i would think

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 04:07:18 pm »
Faced with a possible impeachment, megalomaniacal dictator type like Trumpo da Clown would generally do what he could to eliminate the threat, would he not?

How difficult would it be for him and his cronies to change laws and procedures to prevent impeachment?

Considering that impeachment proceedings start in the House of Representatives, and conviction occurs in the Senate, and it's written directly into the Constitution, damn near impossible.  Trump has no ability to tell Congress what they can or can't do.

But, yeah, as long as the Republicans control both houses of Congress, the only way Orange Joe is going to get the boot that way is if he does something so egregious that the Republicans realize that it will cost their party politically in a major way if they don't act.  Or if Trump does something or multiple somethings that so dramatically breaks with their ideals that they feel compelled to get rid of him.  The Republicans don't have the guts to stand against him for less.

As it stands, I think the next 2 years are impeachment-proof for Trump.  Most likely, in fact, he'll survive the full 4 year term.  The Democrats will win a few seats but will lose more than they win in the mid-term Congressional elections in 2018, securing even greater Republican control of Congress.  Republicans will fight any efforts to redraw Congressional districts and will continue with voter-suppression activities, since changes in districts and greater voter participation is unlikely to benefit them.  The balance of power in the Supreme Court will shift to the conservatives for at least the next 10-15 years.  The Democrats will rally and will manage to win the Presidency in 2020, but Congress will remain in Republican hands, and 2020 thru 2024 or 2028 will be similar to the Obama years, with Congress and the President fighting each other continually.

All of this assumes that we don't have another major unexpected life-changing / world-changing event that drives public sentiment in one direction or another.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 09:34:34 pm »
As it stands, I think the next 2 years are impeachment-proof for Trump.  Most likely, in fact, he'll survive the full 4 year term.  The Democrats will win a few seats but will lose more than they win in the mid-term Congressional elections in 2018, securing even greater Republican control of Congress.  Republicans will fight any efforts to redraw Congressional districts and will continue with voter-suppression activities, since changes in districts and greater voter participation is unlikely to benefit them.  The balance of power in the Supreme Court will shift to the conservatives for at least the next 10-15 years.  The Democrats will rally and will manage to win the Presidency in 2020, but Congress will remain in Republican hands, and 2020 thru 2024 or 2028 will be similar to the Obama years, with Congress and the President fighting each other continually.

All of this assumes that we don't have another major unexpected life-changing / world-changing event that drives public sentiment in one direction or another.

While I agree with most of what you said. I dont think we will see a Democratic President for 2020. Off the top of my head I cant think of any strong candidates. If Bernie re Ran he would be 79 most would shy away from that I think. The other people you have is Bill de Blasio, Kamala Harris, Thomas Perez are the 3 I can think of off my head and I just dont see them pulling out a win unless something big happens under Trump that makes the Republican party look very bad. But Sadly the most likely life/world changing event to happen is another "lone wolf" attack which will just bounce back onto the Democratic party. I think it will be interesting to see who comes gunning for the 2020 on both sides.

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:33:46 am »
...the only way Orange Joe is going to get the boot that way is if he does something so egregious that the Republicans realize that it will cost their party politically in a major way if they don't act.  Or if Trump does something or multiple somethings that so dramatically breaks with their ideals that they feel compelled to get rid of him.  The Republicans don't have the guts to stand against him for less.

I can see Trump doing something along those lines.

His conflicts of interest and the specter of Russia might not be deal-breakers, but they certainly won't help. Combine that with Trump's general ineptitude and penchant for picking fights and even though he's a Republican, I think he'll find out how lonely Washington can be.

Yes, he's in theory a Republican, but if he gets too out of line, Repubs can impeach and get Pence.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 06:30:47 am »
Pence probably represents the Republican Party's "ideals" much better than Trump actually.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 06:37:23 am »
Pence probably represents the Republican Party's "ideals" much better than Trump actually.

Yep.

And Trump won because popularity with voters, not the other elected officials. He's antagonized them pretty badly, so if he keeps making mis-steps and picking fights, it's conceivable that they would impeach him to get Pence as President.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 08:58:42 am »
Considering Hillary won the popular vote...

Offline Semnae

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 10:35:15 pm »
I'm going to place my bet on two years, shortly after Democrats regain control of the House. The impeachment will not pass through the Senate, and he will be our president for the entire four years, at which point the voters will kick him out. His likely replacement will be Elizabeth Warren. I've been seeing her a lot lately. It's like she's already campaigning.

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 01:25:23 am »
I'm going to place my bet on two years, shortly after Democrats regain control of the House. The impeachment will not pass through the Senate, and he will be our president for the entire four years, at which point the voters will kick him out. His likely replacement will be Elizabeth Warren. I've been seeing her a lot lately. It's like she's already campaigning.

Depends on how badly Republicans feel Trump will damage their long-term image and American international relations.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 02:09:42 am »
You are assuming Republicans are acting rationally.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline VicViper573

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 02:20:35 am »
Considering Hillary won the popular vote...

The Presidency is not determined by the popular vote.  The US Constitution makes this very clear.

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 02:39:36 am »
I heard that the purpose of the electoral college was to prevent guys like Trump from getting elected in the event they did get the popular vote. Kinda ironic in a sense.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline vinchie

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 03:22:42 am »
Yeah, the Electoral College has turned into 1) a rubber stamp of approval and 2) a way for politicians to gerrymander the vote (and republicans are better at this than democrats). It's so laughable when people scream for electors to "do their duty" to vote the way the state voted. That's not their duty at all  :no: