Author Topic: General Trump Thread  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
General Trump Thread
« on: January 26, 2017, 06:22:19 am »
Well, I figure we're probably going to need this eventually... so here it is.

To start off with... looks like he really is going to build that wall and make Mexico pay for it - https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/trump-wall-and-immigration-executive-orders?utm_term=.ur1rMVJk4g#.jhzX6m0vyN

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
Re: General Trump Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:18:13 pm »
Mexico told him to fuck off.  :laugh:

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
Mexico told him to fuck off.  :laugh:
Doesn't matter what Mexico says. They're going to be paying for it via import tariffs imposed on their country when they export to the US. Short of cutting off all exports to the US they can't really do anything about it and 80% of Mexico's exports go to the United States.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:13:27 am by Tiffanys »

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 06:46:41 pm »
They can impose a tarrif on imported American goods too.

Edit:
"(b) To better inform the public regarding the public safety threats associated with sanctuary jurisdictions, the Secretary shall utilize the Declined Detainer Outcome Report or its equivalent and, on a weekly basis, make public a comprehensive list of criminal actions committed by aliens and any jurisdiction that ignored or otherwise failed to honor any detainers with respect to such aliens." - Trump's executive order on interior immigration enforcement
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:48:27 pm by Burkingam »
Altmed is altfact!

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 12:54:20 am »
Well, he made one right and badass descision.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 03:32:17 am »
ISIS was ALREADY on its way out.

Trump is just full of shit.

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 05:55:44 am »
You missed the point. I am talking about motherfucking god of war general Mattis! The only person with integrity in the white house.

Offline Tiffanys

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 06:07:13 am »
You missed the point. I am talking about motherfucking god of war general Mattis! The only person with integrity in the white house.
He has been pretty active... http://conservativetribune.com/mad-dog-mattis-explosive-orders/

Offline Tanis

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 06:51:48 am »
Ahh, got ya.
I don't know much about the man, but I hope he does a good job.

It's that REALLY sad to say?

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2017, 11:13:14 am »
But, the General Cat Chat Thread 4 is not locked yet!

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 12:07:54 pm »
Ahh, got ya.
I don't know much about the man, but I hope he does a good job.

It's that REALLY sad to say?

You realize that Mattis was the person who said 'fear of Islam is rational', right?

Offline JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 02:55:51 pm »
In b4 Chiya bans everyone in this thread for stomping on his feet  ;D

Because we can!

Offline halfelite

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 06:12:42 pm »
You realize that Mattis was the person who said 'fear of Islam is rational', right?

You are mixing up Mike Flynn with Mattis,

Mattis said "The fundamental question I believe is, ‘Is political Islam in our best interest?’ If not, what is our policy to authoritatively support the countervailing forces?”"

Mattis was an excellent pick he is a lead by example type guy and is very knowledgeable in history and other aspects that make him great for the job.   

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 07:24:09 pm »
@half: My mistake.

Shockingly, Mattis seems qualified.

Offline halfelite

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 07:36:19 pm »
@half: My mistake.

Shockingly, Mattis seems qualified.

Ye a few people take some of his quotes out of context to make him seem war/blood hungry and sometimes he does say some things that make you wonder.

some of his best ones are

""be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.""

"“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f--k with me, I’ll kill you all.”"

"“No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.""

"“I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.

“"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”"

With the last one being one of his more questionable ones. But it was also one of the earliest quotes you can see after all the fighting and tours he really started to understand war and how it effects people and that fighting is not always the answer.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 09:26:53 pm »
^Since you claim these quotes are taken out of context, care to bring some context into them?
Altmed is altfact!

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 12:57:16 am »
Although CNN is generally clickbait, they do make some good points here about Trump's idiotic tariff idea, in particular pointing out that imposing it would be a treaty violation.  The U.S. taxpayer is going to foot the bill one way or the other for this useless boondoggle.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/opinions/taxing-mexico-is-completely-illegal-alford-opinion/index.html
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline DespondenSea

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 01:54:22 am »
Although CNN is generally clickbait, they do make some good points here about Trump's idiotic tariff idea, in particular pointing out that imposing it would be a treaty violation.  The U.S. taxpayer is going to foot the bill one way or the other for this useless boondoggle.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/opinions/taxing-mexico-is-completely-illegal-alford-opinion/index.html

That also doesn't take into account additional possible consequences from Mexico and/or other concerned trading partners of the United States.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 03:14:34 am »

That also doesn't take into account additional possible consequences from Mexico and/or other concerned trading partners of the United States.

Yep.  Let's start a trade war!  Let's go pick fights with other nations!  That's SURE to make things better for everyone.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline surdumil

• Yeah! I'm lookin' at you!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 02:51:10 am »