Author Topic: General Trump Thread  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
Re: General Trump Thread
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:47 pm »
Not trying to sound dickish (really I'm not), but I actually already understand how the impeachment process works, and what the political realities are.

My point is more about releasing the evidence.  If the smoking gun exists, or if a case can be made, then I'm curious as to why they (whoever THEY are) aren't pushing forward with it.  Trying to first instead slowly build a case in the court of public opinion is risky -- the more time the Trump administration has to become entrenched, the more opportunities they have to build support within government and among the people.  It's a gamble to hold off and hope that he hangs himself in the meantime with his own hubris, and he can still do a lot of damage in the intervening time.

I can only assume at this point that any evidence that his enemies have gathered is not incontrovertible.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2017, 12:27:15 am »
Not trying to sound dickish (really I'm not), but I actually already understand how the impeachment process works, and what the political realities are.

My point is more about releasing the evidence.  If the smoking gun exists, or if a case can be made, then I'm curious as to why they (whoever THEY are) aren't pushing forward with it.  Trying to first instead slowly build a case in the court of public opinion is risky -- the more time the Trump administration has to become entrenched, the more opportunities they have to build support within government and among the people.  It's a gamble to hold off and hope that he hangs himself in the meantime with his own hubris, and he can still do a lot of damage in the intervening time.

I can only assume at this point that any evidence that his enemies have gathered is not incontrovertible.

either the information isn't reliable, which is entirely possible especially considering that very little of Trump can be pinned down as 100% true.

or the information is not in the hands of a political party, but instead some other govt/private group, and they don't yet know how they want to replace him and make it look entirely legal.

and perhaps the scariest is that the goal is not to impeach but control, which at this point someone has to have realized is a fool's errand.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID, who cares really what's the worst that could happen xX)

at the movies drunk & young

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2017, 09:40:55 am »
Interesting speech (it's long): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaoJrg80JQ

Truthdig columnist and Pulitzer-Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges addresses fascism and the rise of the Trump war machine in the keynote speech at the "After Trump and Pussy Hats" event in Vancouver, British Columbia, on March 3, 2017.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2017, 11:17:30 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/politics/house-health-care-vote/index.html

Bwahahahaha!  Well, I didn't expect Ryan to actually pull the bill before a vote, but I still find the outcome hilarious.

This was a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation for the Republicans.  On one hand, it was, "Pass the bill, hurt millions of Americans, piss off the moderate Republicans for hurting people, and piss off the conservative Republicans for not taking enough away, and risk losing seats at the next election".  On the other hand, it was, "Don't pass the bill, piss off the conservative Republicans legislators for not doing enough, piss off the conservative public who wants Obamacare gone, make Trump look weak, and make Ryan look weak, and risk losing seats at the next election."

Any way you sliced it, the Republicans were screwed for coming up with such a lousy bill in the first place.  And why was it a lousy bill?  Because, as Boehner noted previously, Republicans can't agree on what healthcare reform should look like.  It's easy to propose full-repeal bills when you know they're not going to make it past the President's veto (ala, what the Republicans did over and over during Obama's term), but when the Republicans finally had the power to pass something, they couldn't pull it together.

Of course, Trump and the Republicans will blame the outcome on the Democrats, because obviously the Democrats should go along with whatever the other party wants.  But the reality is, this failure is firmly on the Republicans' shoulders.

I couldn't be more thrilled unless the bill had actually come up for a vote and failed.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2017, 12:25:51 am »
I HOPE this fucks them over.
They were like the dog that catches the car, except in this case if they HAD caught the car INNOCENT PEOPLE would have been killed.

If this is the bill that breaks them.
The pin that wakes up all those poor, misguided, white people that vote for the GOP as assholes like Ryan rape 'em like Cosby...
I'll be sleeping really well.

Then again...the GOP has an INSANELY good PR.
They'll, probably, blame this ALL on the DNC and colored people...maybe some 'THEY'RE-BABY-KILLERS' for the pizzagate retards.