Author Topic: Downloading Manga (Software)?  (Read 246 times)

Offline Tanis

Downloading Manga (Software)?
« on: February 04, 2017, 08:56:41 am »
I've been using DomDomSoft for years, but now that it's dead (even the main website is dead) I'm looking for something new.

I've seen HakuNeko, but not sure how trustworthy/good it is.

Any thoughts?

Online DespondenSea

Re: Downloading Manga (Software)?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 03:04:57 am »
I'm not sure I understand the question.

You're looking for a program to read manga, or a site to download manga from, or a way to save manga you read online, or a program that exclusively downloads manga?

Marked as best answer by Tanis on February 08, 2017, 01:49:00 am

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 03:08:25 am »
I've been using DomDomSoft for years, but now that it's dead (even the main website is dead) I'm looking for something new.

Any thoughts?

Used hakuneko, it's pretty good and trustworthy. Has occasional crashes but that;s a small price to pay. Also, he keeps it updated even, a rarity nowadays.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tanis

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:10:07 am »
Any thoughts?
Used hakuneko, it's pretty good and trustworthy. Has occasional crashes but that;s a small price to pay. Also, he keeps it updated even, a rarity nowadays.
Yeah...I just kind of...stopped reading manga for a while and when I went back DDS was dead.
Even the damn website is gone.
XD

Thanks for the heads up.
Wish there had been more replies, makes me feel like there aren't a whole lot of other manga downloaders (besides the completed series).
XD

Online DespondenSea

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 06:30:27 pm »
I didn't initially realize what you were asking.

I'm very grateful that this program exists, because finding some manga series in torrent form is a pain, and even on bakabt, seeding takes a while.

Offline Tanis

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:40:41 pm »
I think the main thing I'm going to miss is that DomDomSoft has SO MANY more features.

Being about to 'check for updates' to get the latest manga chapters of series you're following is a great time saver.

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 06:36:41 am »
Then I might have greatly missed a real good software? Doesn't some internet archive file have that software or was that just an online website? I like the fact that HakuNeko gives the option to select your online source since Batato is most of the groups go to haven since they allow uncompressed full quality upload.

You could also IRC. I have found IRC to also a really good source to download manga. Most groups keep their stuff available over there, since it's much less hassle with copyrights and all and can be kept somewhat for a longer period of time.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Tanis

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:02:34 am »
Then I might have greatly missed a real good software? Doesn't some internet archive file have that software or was that just an online website? I like the fact that HakuNeko gives the option to select your online source since Batato is most of the groups go to haven since they allow uncompressed full quality upload.
You could also IRC. I have found IRC to also a really good source to download manga. Most groups keep their stuff available over there, since it's much less hassle with copyrights and all and can be kept somewhat for a longer period of time.
DDS still works, but slowly some of the (dozen or so) sites are starting to stop working.
-That's what happens you you haven't updated in a few months.

You might try it out and see what you think.
-It's pretty easy to find a cracked, working, version of DDS.
-Not sure if Batato still works (I've never had a login for it, so I never used it).