Author Topic: BakaBT IPv6 Tracker  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Re: BakaBT IPv6 Tracker
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 05:15:29 am »
I was referring to illegitimate copies of BakaBT; there's no such thing as an "official" BakaBT mirror.  Additionally, you do NOT see calls for site coding help very often at all; what you are seeing is forum staff positions.  Vetting offers, as a good example, is the biggest time-sink here, not coding the site.

Again, you are touting the solution to a problem no one is currently having.

Offline scineram

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »
Jarudin has already been over why it's not happening, you know.
That important parts of the tracker would have to be recoded? Wasn't that the point of this topic? Are you saying that this change will never happen, no matter how many of us are sitting behind some CGNAT?

This is a problem that anyone can start having anytime. It would be nice if this community could stay ahead by moving forward.

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 10:41:15 pm »
Stating your opinion is OK, but pressing the subject too much is a surefire way to get the thread locked.

Offline polka_chan

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 12:25:10 pm »
IPv6 would be nice, since well, most ISP are now moving their residential users under IPv4 CGNAT, while giving them a full routeable IPv6 IP address.

and this might be bad for bakabt since more and more users will be under strict nat that seeders are basically dead. not unless the leecher got a routable ipv4 that the strict nat seeder can connect to.

luckily most game consoles now a days supports IPv6 so I dont have to worry about the peering issue since most game that I played now connects via IPv6 (I even disabled IPv4 in that regards and it still works).

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 03:45:59 pm »
"Most ISPs" is not an assertion you can support.  Yes, the change to IPv6 is happening but nowhere nearly as fast as you're trying to imply.