Author Topic: Final Cut like program for windows  (Read 121 times)

Offline marinosgr

Final Cut like program for windows
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:24:40 pm »
Hey there!

I have always been using Adobe Premiere whenever I wanted to edit a video but today on the place where I do my internship one of the people working there showed me Final Cut since there is nothing but macs in the office building.

To be fair the program was a lot more user friendly than premiere and had a lot more options. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a program more user friendly than Premiere with more features and share his experience with it for windows since I don't own a mac.

ex. On Final Cut there is a feature where you can hear and see the effects you add to your videos directly which was quite helpful

Thanks in advance!

Offline billlanam

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
Re: Final Cut like program for windows
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:23:32 am »
would suggest lightworks or sony vegas pro.

at the movies drunk & young

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:36 am »
Some video editing software I know:
Cyberlink Power Director
Sony Vegas
Windows Movie Maker
Adobe Premiere

Though, I'm not sure if the first three are close to Final Cut but it does the same thing: video editing.

I use Adobe Premiere.

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:58:05 pm »
It really depends what you want to do. If Premier isn't right for what you're doing then After Effects might be. It's primarily targeted towards adding effects to your videos.

After Effects is a digital motion graphics, visual effects and compositing software. For titles, shapes, 2D animations, adding special effects, After Effects is your tool. While you can create motion in text, images, and any other layer in Adobe Premiere Pro – it is a lot easier to do in After Effects.

This video explains the differences and when and why you'd want to use one over the other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHHEQMdJdiA

Offline marinosgr

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 01:20:53 pm »
I wanted something a bit more ''pro'' I guess?Anyways thanks for the suggestions! And yeah googling works but user opinions too :P