Author Topic: working on seeding over a month.  (Read 231 times)

Offline NightmareRex

working on seeding over a month.
« on: February 22, 2017, 04:18:01 am »
i been trying to get up my ratio, since i normally try to seed all my torrents to atleast 1.0 but sometimes it can take me a REALLY long time due to my slow internet. but i remember reading that after like a month which i have way passed that you have to re-download the torrent else it wont have your signature or whatever and wont be able to upload or download and am only at like 0.2, which would mean i wouldn't be eligible to re-download the torrent(s)?

or am i wrong and i can continue to seed regardless it being way past the 1 month?

Offline logos

• INAZUMA KICK!!!
Re: working on seeding over a month.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 05:57:16 am »
if you downloaded the torrent while logged in then you can seed that torrent as long as it's available, you only have a 1month temp passkey when you download as a guest (aka not logged in/dont have an account)

if you're using utorrent (and probably any other client) the torrent's status will turn red and will stop seeding if you're using a temp key and it expires

so basically, if everything looks fine, then everything is probably fine

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:29:21 am »
shouldn't this be moved to the need help section?

Offline spiton

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:52:38 am »
After reading op's post I think I understand the problem.

You have Downloaded to many torrents an got your account warned >
You cannot download any-more torrents while logged in, so you logged out and downloaded the torrents publicly >
Lastly, you question why your torrent seeding has not been credited to your accounts ratio.

Advice:
read the Wiki:
http://wiki.bakabt.me/index.php/For_First_Timers
section "2.2 Fixing your ratio"
In fact read the entire wiki page and 95% of issues can be solved there, Trust me I took a week reading/reviewing with a couple issues and got them resolved via the wiki.

Long story short:
Log out of your account > Download the torrents you needed to re-download
from that 1 loged in .torrent file, copy the tracker info "tracker.bakabt.me/xxxxxxxxx"
and paste that tracker url into the options on all of your publicly downloaded torrents in whatever program you are using.

Be sure your torrents are 100% downloaded on the public tracker before changing the tracker info,
This way your ratio will not be harmed by trying to download more torrents.
Seed the completed torrents and your ratio will slowly rise.
(Unless your taste is salty and nobody downloads what your seeding, in that case ride the new releases on the "browse" page)

If you couldn't follow that, read the Wiki, it does a better job.
Thats all there is to it,
Spiton

Offline NightmareRex

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 11:16:07 pm »
allright so it is fine becuase i have only downloaded one torrent and am not mass downloading, and it apperes it still trys to seed its just seldomy get leechers to seed to.