Author Topic: How can utorrent download same files in the exact same location without recheck?  (Read 150 times)

Offline johnny sen

I have been using utorrent for quite sometime now.Recently I noticed a problem.

>When I download a file **partly** and remove the torrent and then again re-add the torrent I find that the **file starts downloading from the first** .However if I pause it immediately and **force re-check** the file it skips what i have downloaded before and then downloads from there.

So I have 2 questions
Firstly

> Why doesn't utorrent check the files automatically before downloading?

Secondly
> How come utorrent download the same exact files at the same exact location without disturbing any part of the previously downloaded file?

i use windows 10 and utorrent 2.2.1
 :thankyou:

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
Why doesn't utorrent check the files automatically before downloading?

Probably because you have Skip Hash Check checked.

How come utorrent download the same exact files at the same exact location without disturbing any part of the previously downloaded file?
It can happen. If it didn't check the files first, it will download from beginning.

Disclaimer: I use 3.3.1. It is somehow too different from 2.2.1

Offline sneaker2

Secondly
> How come utorrent download the same exact files at the same exact location without disturbing any part of the previously downloaded file?
It will only (over)write a chunk it has just completed downloading. So it won't delete any existing data. (At least by default)

Offline johnny sen

Why doesn't utorrent check the files automatically before downloading?

Probably because you have Skip Hash Check checked.

my skip hash is unchecked.

Secondly
It will only (over)write a chunk it has just completed downloading. So it won't delete any existing data. (At least by default)
thanks my second question is answered

Offline Govna

Stop using an ancient version if you don't know how to solve problems. Just keep your tech up to date.

Online ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
Stop using an ancient version if you don't know how to solve problems. Just keep your tech up to date.
You do realize that "up to date" isn't whitelisted?

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
Nor is using a newer version any kind of panacea, especially for tasks like this.