Author Topic: uploading non-english fansubs?  (Read 108 times)

Offline KOBsubs

uploading non-english fansubs?
« on: March 06, 2017, 09:33:35 pm »
Hi everyone!

After taking a look at the FAQ most of my questions (there were many  :laugh:) were fortunately answered. However, there are still a couple left unanswered. I hope you guys could help me?

1. Does BakaBT allow non-english fansubs. For example, I volunteer for a Dutch fansub organisation and I was actually planning on uploading some Dutch translations on this wonderful website. Is this allowed?

2. If this is allowed: am I allowed to give the description completely in Dutch? Or should I at least give an English translation of what I just wrote? Or is only English allowed when it comes to the description?

3. What video group will be used for my upload? We tend to upload 720p and sometimes 1080p, but since it's Dutch I could also see why it will be uploaded in group D instead of group B or A.

4. If group B or A is filled with 2 English subs, will our Dutch subtitles be added to them nontheless or will it be grouped up in D?

5. If for some reason Dutch fansubs are not allowed, could you point me to a different anime torrent website where I could upload some of our torrents? (we are aware of Nyaa but this site is not what we are looking for as we prefer a similar concept to BakaBT)

I apologize for the loads of questions I just poured on you guys, but I don't see any other way of doing this.

Thank you in advance!  ;)

Kind regards,

KOBsubs

Offline lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
Re: uploading non-english fansubs?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:45:05 pm »
1. Yes, under special circumstances, non-english fansubs are accepted. Namely, we allow multi-language releases as long as they also have an english track and they are of better quality than what we currently have (more languages will likely loose against a release that is otherwise better). We also allow timed subs to be added as attachments by the uploader in other languages.

2. Descriptions have to be in english.

3. The normal groups, as it would replace already existant offers (see 1.)

4. Irrelevant, see 1

5. You'd have to search the net. I'm not aware of other sites like BBT and the private trackers I know also focus on english language releases.

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:53:27 pm »
Under certain circumstances you can upload your releases on AnimeBytes.

Online Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:07:06 am »
NyaaTorrents is probably the best, although not the most user-friendly, place to post new foreign-language subs.  The Pirate Bay is also quite solid, actually, and is a strong go-to for older, re-exhumed stuff (already TL'd, but long ago by a dead group).

Offline Al_Sleeper

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 02:16:15 am »
Which version of TPB? IIRC, the main site is down, and there are several forks now.

Online Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 06:26:22 am »
The "official" version is (once again) the ".org" variant, according to SuprBay, their forum ;) .  Most of the older versions simply redirect to ".org" anyway, such as the old ".se" version.  (Not giving the full link to TPB's tracker cuz of forum rules.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:30:19 am by Bozobub »