Author Topic: qBittorrent Question  (Read 152 times)

Offline Chepeshot

qBittorrent Question
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:53:24 am »
Hello all! Answers from Veterans (or even Staff) would be super helpful on this topic, so here goes:

First off, I've been a long-time user of BakaBT, not so much on the forums, but I do have a good idea of where to read for stuff before making a post like this.

• I've been seeding for a while, and for the longest time I've used uTorrent. (Client v2.2.1)
  • I recently built a new system, and I want a new client that doesn't hog ALL of my Memory cache or has Ads everywhere.
  • As a result, I'm looking into qBittorrent.
  • Current Whitelist version is v3.3.7
  • Current RELEASE is v3.3.11
  • A post about the recent change has been posted HERE
  • I know that it will take time for Duki and the other staff to look into things and eventually add a later (or current) version to the Whitelist, and as a result, this is NOT a "Please release this version now" post

My QUESTION is this:

If I download and use v3.3.11, will I be banned for using a client that isn't currently on the Whitelist? If the possibility of that happening is high, will someone kindly point me to a TRUSTED site to download v3.3.7? I don't want to take any chances with my new computer.

Thank you for any help!

Marked as best answer by Chepeshot on March 09, 2017, 01:00:31 am

Offline Al_Sleeper

Re: qBittorrent Question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:57:19 am »
You won't be banned. However, you won't be able to use BakaBT either until the client is whitelisted.

Offline Chepeshot

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 01:03:30 am »
You won't be banned. However, you won't be able to use BakaBT either until the client is whitelisted.

Thanks! Can I trust SourceForge for the 3.3.7 download then? (I can't find a "Previous Versions" page on qBittorrent's site)

EDIT: Nevermind. Did some more digging on their site and found they promote using SF for their earlier versions.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:14:04 am by Chepeshot »

Online lololitas

• Staff
  • Warning! May appear random at times!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 01:40:46 am »
IIRC the latest whitelist qbittorrent version is 3.3.10 (the sorting is kinda messed up on the whitelist page)