Author Topic: Why Are there are no Kochikame/ Dr Slump anime Torrents in english  (Read 184 times)

Offline unleashhero

Hello Guys,

I was wondering why aren't there any Kochikame and Dr Slump (By DBZ Creator- Akira Toriyama) anime torrents

I found Dr. slump manga here and some(304 eps out of 373) kochikame episodes in Spanish.

But its really odd that Kochikame being longest running manga and really good anime is nowhere to be found in english also Dr. Slump which has more than 200 animes is nowhere to be found

If anybody have some knowledge about their torrents please share..and if have some knowledge why they are not on torrents do tell
So I can stop looking for them and atleast live in peace

Also If somebody is generous to translate Spanish Into English Subtitles please inform me

Ciao

Offline VicViper573

Re: Why Are there are no Kochikame/ Dr Slump anime Torrents in english
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 06:37:37 am »
Hello Guys,

I was wondering why aren't there any Kochikame and Dr Slump (By DBZ Creator- Akira Toriyama) anime torrents

I found Dr. slump manga here and some(304 eps out of 373) kochikame episodes in Spanish.

But its really odd that Kochikame being longest running manga and really good anime is nowhere to be found in english also Dr. Slump which has more than 200 animes is nowhere to be found

If anybody have some knowledge about their torrents please share..and if have some knowledge why they are not on torrents do tell
So I can stop looking for them and atleast live in peace

Also If somebody is generous to translate Spanish Into English Subtitles please inform me

Ciao

Are you blind, man? I've been talking about this Dr. Slump offer thread for over two weeks:

https://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=46786.0

https://shiteatersubs.wordpress.com/

--

Kochikame is not being subbed by anyone in English. Good luck, being over 360+ episodes long.

Offline unleashhero

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:33:37 pm »

Are you blind, man? I've been talking about this Dr. Slump offer thread for over two weeks:

https://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=46786.0

https://shiteatersubs.wordpress.com/

--

Kochikame is not being subbed by anyone in English. Good luck, being over 360+ episodes long.

Well, Brother man thanks for the info, I guess i didnt made it all clear. I was asking for full series not limited episodes, atleast more than 150-200 episodes of either one

Because, there are full torrents of Dragon Ball ,and since there isnt much time gap in between these two (as dr slump(1981-1986) ended dragon ball began (1986) rightaway) i assumed there should be a full Dr Slump Torrent somewhere around

And I did found the above said dr slump (1-54) torrents from nyaa sometime ago, But as i wrote above I was asking for info for whole series

But i guess you are right, they are long way from coming to torrents in english

Atleast, anybody do tell is spanish easy to learn..its words are same as english but its totally different in speaking/hearing

Offline Zalis116

• Box Fansubs
    • ReDone-Subs Founder & Sole Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:36:12 am »
Dragonball and Dragonball Z aired on mainstream US TV (as have GT/Kai/Super), and have enjoyed some degree of "cultural phenomenon" status for two decades. The Dragonball franchise has been the tentpole franchise of mainstay US anime distributor and BakaBT bane Funimation for Funimation's entire existence. None of those points are true about Kochikame or Dr. Slump; in Dr. Slump's case, being from the same creator at roughly the same time DB is no guarantee of success in the US market.

Got any old fansubs on HDD/DVD/CD? Please take a look at this thread.

Offline unleashhero

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »
Dragonball and Dragonball Z aired on mainstream US TV (as have GT/Kai/Super), and have enjoyed some degree of "cultural phenomenon" status for two decades. The Dragonball franchise has been the tentpole franchise of mainstay US anime distributor and BakaBT bane Funimation for Funimation's entire existence. None of those points are true about Kochikame or Dr. Slump; in Dr. Slump's case, being from the same creator at roughly the same time DB is no guarantee of success in the US market.

Thanks for a really nice,detailed and pro answer,

Guess i have to stop searching for them.

Thank you

Offline VicViper573

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:35 pm »

I think Dr. Slump could do well, but Kochikame's humor is uniquely Japanese, so that particular series would have trouble here.  Dr. Slump's humor mostly mocks 1970s and 1980s American and Japanese sci-fi, like:

Gundam
Yamato
Kamen Rider
Godzilla
Ultraman

etc...

Offline unleashhero

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 10:37:15 am »

I think Dr. Slump could do well, but Kochikame's humor is uniquely Japanese, so that particular series would have trouble here.

With all due respect, i think you are wrong.

Some episodes of Kochikame were aired in my country sometime ago, in our regional language.

And it is total humor... a lil bit informative rarely.. ...But never felt anything particularly japanese