Author Topic: Your Favorite Anime Song (OP/ED/Insert Included)  (Read 62084 times)

Offline BakaBT

• Admin
  • I am a system user, do not PM me
    • http://bakabt.me/
Your Favorite Anime Song (OP/ED/Insert Included)
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:20:36 am »
Too many threads of the same BS.

so as the topic says - Your Favorite Anime Song (OP/ED/Insert Included)

one of my favorites would be one of eruka 7's insert songs.

"Storywriter" by Supercar.

please dont just post Artists/Songs like our "currently playing" thread in spam.

I want to see dicussions as well or I'm prohibiting threads like this.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:12:13 am by Duki3003 »
I am a system user, do not PM me

Offline megaflcl

• The Government Lies
Re: Your Favorite Anime Song (OP/ED/Insert Included)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:07:00 am »
I think Excel Saga would be my favorite....one of the only series that I watched the OP to every episode but I thought the ED wasnt that good

FLCL would be my favorite ED I dont know that name but on Ep 5 the last insert song is my favorite...anybody know the name?
Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not Omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is Malevolent, Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Offline theldras89

• The dark abyss of solitude is my only friend
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:04:50 pm »
hmm... the OP and ED for gundam and gundam seed is among my favorites, there is also a OP for Bleach that i like but i don't remember with episodes it's played on... i don't know if this one belongs here but i allso like the battle song played in Final Fantasy: Advent children when Cloud fights Sephiroth, name of the song is One Winged Angle. but i think the original one is a bit better. (the one from the game when you are fighting Sephiroth in the end of the it) i don't usualy like that sort of musik but the One Winged Angle is just so perfect for that battle. anyways, can't remember any more songs for the moment.
Sors immanis- Et inanis. Estuans interius Ira vehementi.
Veni, veni, venias, Ne me mori facias.

Offline AkumaisDaGr8est

• The Supreme Master of The Fist
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 09:37:19 pm »
I've probably listened to the outlaw star OP 'through the night' at least 100 times

Its the return of me, who shall always be known as DaGr8est!!!

Offline beezer08

• The Architect
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:54:03 am »
one of my favorites would be one of eruka 7's insert songs.

"Storywriter" by Supercar.

This song is also probably in my top 5 as well.  Another one of my favs is L's Theme by Yoshihisa Hirano and Hideki Taniuchi from Death Note.

Welcome to the Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents
PSN: beezer08  R.I.P. 60GB PS3

Offline apo12

• animated music videos
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:55:00 am »
Meteor by TMR was stuck in my head for more than 3 months after watching Gundam Seed .

Offline Midnight_Dorifuta

• Lone Driver
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:28:20 pm »
This may or may not be biased, but Around the World and Blazin' Beat by m.o.v.e, along with Kiseki no Hana, the first intro for Initial D, the intro for Initial D: Second Stage and the second ending for Initial D, are my faves.

What more can I say? I wouldn't be here today, if the Old School didn't pave the way.

Offline iindigo

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 02:53:39 am »
One favorite song? Well, I don't think I could choose just one, but here's a few in my favorites list:

Sorairo Days from Tengen Toppa Gurren Langann
Colors of the Heart from Blood+
Rolling Star from Bleach
After Dark from Bleach
Sayonara Solitaire from Chrono Crusade
God Knows from the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
and quite a number of tracks from the Eureka Seven soundtrack.

I also find the Ghost in the Shell:SAC themes to be quite good.

Offline Lurch

• You Rang?
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 08:49:00 am »
I think there's something wrong with me...

I can't get enough of Lucky Star's OP. >_<

Offline AceHigh

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 12:40:24 am »
Hard to pick out single songs. Generally I hate anime entry and ending songs because they are usually so far from my taste.
However there are some series that have a style that I like. Therefore I can at least say that I enjoy music style in Samurai Champloo and Hellsing..... and probably some more that I can't think of. [edit] Just remembered, Death Note songs were good too.

Most of songs are a crime against humanity (especially where they mix japanese and english), so I don't pay much attention.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 12:44:26 am by Dragoon AceHigh »

Offline ffx800

• lol
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 07:56:15 am »
mou sukoshi... mou sukoshi... ED from midori no hibi is just so relaxing...

and so is bidaama(?) ED from Genshiken

edit: oh and of course hare hare yukai. i think i've played it around 500 or more times. (sum of different versions including remix.  ;))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:57:55 am by ffx800 »

2 lines of text only.

Offline GoGeTa006

• The fate of destruction is also the joy of Rebirth
    • Anime Planet listing
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 08:25:06 am »
FLCL soundtrack: The pillowz 
>.<

Offline Hadouken

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 12:00:26 am »
 Sorairo Days:from Tengen Toppa Gurren Langann
 After Dark: from Bleach

Fate Stay Night OP:#1: "disillusion" by Sachi Tainaka (eps 1-14)
Fate Stay Night ED:#2: "Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni" by Sachi Tainaka (eps 15-23)

Offline Mogsy

• Yes.
Tobikata Wo Wasureta Chiisana Tori - MISIA
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 01:27:51 am »
I have to admit, its a great song, I love the Singer, she has such a powerful voice its...a masterpeice.

love it. even though its based on a game, it was made into a manga, and Anime. sorta

Ok i dont have a clue what OP or ED mean, i'll just go with this

I Like the opening song "Stray" from Wolf's rain right now, and the Ending song "Gravity" from Wolf's rain, i actually dont have a "favorite" becuase i like alot of Jpop.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 05:19:13 am by psychiclord »
One image only.

Offline Sakubo

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:35:15 pm »
My all time favorite is probably mezame from my-hime

Garasu no Yume from Haibane Renmei
Happily ever after and Sora iro days by Nakagawa Shoko from Toppen Gurren Laggan
"Libera me" from hell by Iwasaki Tarou from Toppen Gurren Laggan
a song of storm and fire by Kajiura Yuki from Tsubasa Chronicle Soundtrack - Future Soundscape 1
Yume no Tsubasa by Makin Yui from Tsubasa Chronicle Soundtrack - Future Soundscape 2
Vestige and Meteor by T.M. revolution from Gundam Seed / Destiny
Life goes on by Arisaka Mika from Gundam seed destiny
Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka and Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru by See-Saw from Gundam Seed / destiny
Shinkai no Kodoku by Kuwashima Houko from Gundam Seed
Kaze no Kirin by Takashi Hitomi from Gundam Seed Destiny
Daybreaks Bell by L'Arc en Ciel from Gundam 00
Ash like Snow by brilliant green from Gundam 00
Strange Girl by Nakagawa Koutarou from Code Geass
Masquerade  and Innocent Days by Hitomi from Code Geass
Azurite by Urakabe Tae from Heroic Age
Hizamazuite Ashi wo Oname by Ali Project from They are my Noble Masters
Kimi ga Sora datta, Shining Days, It's only the fairy tale all from My-Hime not sure on the artists

Im going to stop here I could go on all day with stuff I like but these are some I listen to alot.

Edit: want to add God knows from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I believe the vocals were done by Aya Hirano
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:10:14 pm by Sakubo »

Offline lithanas

• So Sickening
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:51:18 pm »
I think Excel Saga would be my favorite....one of the only series that I watched the OP to every episode but I thought the ED wasnt that good

FLCL would be my favorite ED I dont know that name but on Ep 5 the last insert song is my favorite...anybody know the name?
(Ride on shooting star) by the pillows
most of whats one the FLCL soundtrack is good. i think it fist for background music.

i acually like most of the insert songs of BECK, especialy the ending (my world down - "the Dying Breed")

and the ending of Hellsing (Shine - Mr. Big)
|Bloodthirsty Vikings|Zoids'son|Sugarsteph's First mate|Morgia's Bootlicking Slave

Offline Lan-the-Pianist

• Former Staff
  • My fingers are faster than your fingers.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 05:16:50 am »
Format stolen from iindigo

One favorite song? Well, I don't think I could choose just one, but here's a few in my favorites list:

Girls Can Rock and Feel Like A Girl from School Rumble Insert - These were both sung in the same episode, and were overall very fun to listen to. Sung in accented English, although in the show, the character (and her seiyuu) are Japanese, it's actually sung by someone called 'Lia', who I assume, does not have Japanese as her first language.
Scramble from School Rumble OP - When I first heard this, I thought the song so embodied the boundless energy of the main character, Tenma, and thought her seiyuu had sung this because it was so energetic and slightly different, wiht a full band behind it (including saxaphones!). I later found out that it had been sung by Horie Yui, the seiyuu for one of the other main characters, but nonetheless, that impression of endless energy carried through and this is a track I continue to listen to.
Dramatic from Honey and Clover I OP - Sung by YUKI, her distinctive voice matched the overall mood of the series and the way the music was structured, fit the OP visuals. Fun to watch, excellent to listen to.
Suki Dakara from Bokura Ga Ita Insert - The series was a bit sappy and some say emo, but this song, played during Yano and Nanami's first big moment was very powerful. The song was so ... calm and it really gave the scene emotional impact.
1000% Sparking from Negima!? OP - This track has such energy, and if you've seen the performance at the Princess Festival (on Youtube) you'll know what I mean. It's structured to use voice clips from the episodes, and allows the seiyuu to sing. Not only that, but because of that speaking/singing format, they were able to include a huge number of the female seiyuu into the performance and stretch this track to over 15 minutes, without it getting boring (for me at least). The CD version is only 4:23 long, so no worries.
Bouken Desho Desho? from the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi OP - I use this to wake me up in the morning (as part of an alarm program). The bells at the beginning behind the vocals seem to signify ... hope, or something. It's a beautiful track and currently at the top of my Last.fm. If we were talking Character CDs, I'd be adding quite a few tracks, but we're not, so I'll just give them an honourable mention. Never have I felt the Character CDs captured so well, the personalities of the characters.
Futari no Kisetsu ga from Bokura Ga Ita ED - Sung by Sasaki Nozomi (the main female character's seiyuu) and enjoyable to me because I think Sasaki Nozomi has one of the best moe voices out there. It's not annoying, and in a forlorn song like this, it's very effective.
Keikenchi Joushouchuu from Minami-ke OP - Full of energy (do you see a theme), sung by the three main seiyuu (one of which, is Chihara Minori, an excellent vocalist), and full of chibi-voicings, this song is best enjoyed first by watching the Minami-ke OP sequence. Ayu has done a great job subbing the karaoke and I believe they captured the chibi-phrases very well, and has made this song enjoyable even when I'm not watching the OP sequence. Also, the key they chose to move into from the chorus into the verse held up the excitement/tension, which of course, kept up the energy. Another 'good morning' song.
Morning Grace and Watakushi no Koi wa chiisai keredo from Princess Tutu OP/ED - To be honest, I'd include the entire OST because, even though most of it is Classical music, quite a bit of it has been adapted to the scenes of the show, and their use of it was absolutely beautiful. Speaking about the OP/ED though, both were written and performed by Okazaki Ritsuko and are absolutely stunning. Both incorporate classical music (I think both use selections from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite) and Okazaki did this seamlessly. I'm not even sure what to say about them except that after viewing the OP, I had very high hopes for the show, and afterwards, watching the ED, was thinking that it was a very tasty cherry on top of a exquisite cake.
perfect blue from Dragonaut OP - Unorthodox beginning, and sound effects that made you feel like you wanted to move with the music as it zoomed around. It's hard to put into words, but I think this track is almost too good for the Dragonaut series, which suffers from a couple weak characters and a sometimes iffy storyline, whereas this track is flawless. And yes, this one wakes me up in the morning too.
Prism from Dennou Coil OP - It instantly makes you wonder what's about to happen. The mood this song evokes from me is one of curiousity, and I feel this suits the Dennou Coil storyline (particularly at the beginning of the series) to a T. The selection of synthesized sounds was very, very good.
Reflectia from true tears OP - The string introduction almost makes you feel like you've stepped back into the Classical period, but the vocals swoop in with the 'percussion' and 'tinkling', and you're left with a sense of wonderment. The light use of instrumentals, with only a bit of piano responding to the voice, allows the listener to focus solely on the melody, which leads into some colour chords, and consequently to the key change (actually, an unstable section where it moves through several keys quickly) and into the chorus. The instrumentals in this song had such an intriguing dialogue with the vocals that is so rarely seen in pop music. Kikuchi Hajime, [a.k.a. cuckool, half of eufonius, (the other half being riya)] also wrote/arranged CLANNAD and Futakoi OPs (riya also providing vocals for those), appears to draw on Classical music writing techniques, which is a great, great thing.

That ended up taking longer than I expected. I left out some others that I thought people wouldn't be so interested in.

Oh, and:
Dishonourable Mention: Code Geass: Never have I enjoyed a series so much, with OP/EDs that I've disliked so strongly.

Honourable Mention: Sasaki Yuko - Pure Snow: If anyone has a source for a HQ audio of this, I would love it. Attached to a mediocre show (Himiko Den), it uses the timbre of strings to full effect and written in DM/FM, it's just a wonderful song (lyrics glorifying romantic suicide notwithstanding)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:48:13 am by Lan-Pianist »
Lan 
I dont care if you and indiana jones go on the holy grail of boob search, looking for a nipple in the shape of new zealand. I really dont give a shit.

Offline Flash Gordon

• Deal w/it
    • http://www.awesometurtle.com
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2008, 06:56:24 am »
My favorite song would have to be the OP for Last Exile.

Also, I'm currently loving every song in H2O but the OP.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:01:44 am by Flash Gordon »

Offline Freya

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 08:29:10 pm »

- 1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou, ED from Rurouni Kenshin, melancholic and very romantic.

- Hajimari no Kaze, OP from Saiunkoku Monogatari, I must say this one inspires me so much in this moment of my life, if you work hard you can reach your dreams and once you reached them you must hold them.

There's a lot more I love like:

- Blaze and It's, both OP from Tsubasa Chronicle
- One day, one dream, OP from Inuyasha
- Heart of Sword, ED from Rurouni Kenshin
- Kono yo ga hatetemo hanarenai, ED from Ayashi no Ceres
- Itoshii hito no tame ni, OP from Fushigi Yuugi

Offline rennya

• http://www.ahmygoddess.net
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 08:00:38 am »
Fave ED theme (the ones that actually truly good):-
1. Angel-tai - Horoscope Rhapsody (Galaxy Angel).
2. Funta - S.U.K.I. (Popotan).

Fave insert:-
1. FictionJunction YUUKA - Nowhere (Madlax).

Fave OP theme:-
1. m.o.v.e. - Dogfight (Initial D).