Author Topic: Hellsing Ultimate  (Read 18793 times)

Offline coco74

Re: Hellsing Ultimate
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 11:27:21 PM »
NP always happy to help fellow anime fans! :)

ISO is great but just some general advise to all; avoid those rar files they sometimes hide viruses in those that activate when you unzip them.

Offline agentspliff

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2009, 02:36:12 AM »
I had just wondered.  Had not seen a domestic release since vol 4

Online newy

• Staff
  • Yack...Deculture!
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
Finally seen episode 7! Ahh, great ;D

(click to show/hide)

I knew nothing of the outside world. I was just a frog in a well.

Offline erious

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2010, 12:49:08 AM »
I finally gotten around to watching Hellsing Ultimate today, and it sure didn't disappoint.
Probably the best pure action anime I've seen. I had a soft spot in my heart for Hellsing since the original series was the first non-TV anime I've ever seen, way before I started getting into anime in general. When I finally read the manga I liked it, but I felt it had some shortcomings that stopped it from being great. However after being animated the second time, all the shortcomings stopped mattering and the series turned into pure, violent, gory awesomeness. The animation style works great, music is good, voice acting top notch. It's not a intelligent anime, there are some plot holes, the characters are often acting over-the-top to the point of being ridiculous - but it somehow works. And works amazingly well. Can't wait for the next part(oh, and to people who think they'll forget the plot before next release - come on, the series has a ridiculously straightforward story, it's not like there are many details to remember)

Now a question - there's an insert song in episode 5 that I think is by Ohtsuki Kenji - anybody know the title or on which album/single to find it? I'll try to find out now, but I though I might ask as well.
Never mind, found the song, it's "Akuma Stocking" indeed by Ohtsuki Kenji
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:57:05 AM by erious »

Offline due13

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:56 AM »
I can't seem to find OVA VI nor OVA VII anywhere :/ Been in South Africa for 6 months so I'm sort of out of the loop on the progress of the series and the fansubs of it.

Tips?

Edit: Never mind, saw that it has been heavily licensed :(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:39:10 AM by due13 »

Online newy

• Staff
  • Yack...Deculture!
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »
But you can find them. Try Tokyotosho.

Offline nstgc

• http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
I strangely haven't had problems finding Hellsing Ultimate. Its not here at BBT, but thats just one tracker.

Offline Sakubo

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2010, 12:06:35 AM »
try nyaa there was a torrent there that had all 7 episodes in it i just downloaded it recently because I felt like watching the new series since I have seen the older series a few times already. Have to admit I like the new series that sticks with the manga alot better. I cant wait for the last few ovas to finish it up.

Offline Havoc10K

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2010, 06:31:49 AM »
even if it takes a few more years l'll wait for it to finish and marathon it, you guys probably forgotten already what was in the first ep hahahahah, l watched only the first ep and l stil lremember *curse of selective memory*

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
even if it takes a few more years l'll wait for it to finish and marathon it, you guys probably forgotten already what was in the first ep hahahahah, l watched only the first ep and l stil lremember *curse of selective memory*
ill just marathon the thing again when its done. Its a great show. And one of the few ive been able to rewatch with the ppl i get to watch it. So ive seen the first 5 episodes like 8 times each

Offline HazukiChan

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 05:22:30 PM »
Hellsing has always been a favorite of mine, and the new series made it even more so. I have seen the first 7 so far, and I am patiently waiting for more.

Offline due13

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
Finding spanish subs so far :D

Offline Takeshi

• Animation whore
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2011, 11:09:37 PM »
AniDB apparently shows Hellsing Ultimate as having 10 eps. So three eps left, does this seem likely for those who're up-to-date with the anime and have read the manga?

Offline Sky-Phoenix

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2011, 12:21:25 AM »
Awesome Anime. I like how each dvd volume is the manga volumes (So I'm guessing there will be 10 OVA Volumes since the manga only had 10 volumes). It's a huge improvement to the first Hellsing anime series in story, action, and animation.

Online newy

• Staff
  • Yack...Deculture!
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2011, 12:29:15 AM »
That sounds good. So in 3-6 years the OVAs are finished? xD

Offline steelbaz

« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2011, 05:17:18 AM »
The OV'S are ok, but they take far too long between eps. That and Alucard is so over powered that it's pointless. They need to introduce characters that are actually his equal or superior to him, to keep it interesting imo. But whatever, he is unbeatable, and will handily defeat everyone, with Seras and Intergra coming out intact.

Offline AceHigh

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
Actually I believe it is cool that he is overpowered, it breaks the vsious cycle of most anime out there where main character gets owned, then trains himself and owns his opponent next time only to face an even more powerful oponent.

This time the tables are reversed, the enemy is getting gradually stronger and stronger. How long will Alucard remain OP? Besides you could say that the series have the traditional approach of hero "leveling up" if you take Ceras as one of the main characters.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »
Actually I believe it is cool that he is overpowered, it breaks the vsious cycle of most anime out there where main character gets owned, then trains himself and owns his opponent next time only to face an even more powerful oponent.

This time the tables are reversed, the enemy is getting gradually stronger and stronger. How long will Alucard remain OP? Besides you could say that the series have the traditional approach of hero "leveling up" if you take Ceras as one of the main characters.
The OV'S are ok, but they take far too long between eps. That and Alucard is so over powered that it's pointless. They need to introduce characters that are actually his equal or superior to him, to keep it interesting imo. But whatever, he is unbeatable, and will handily defeat everyone, with Seras and Intergra coming out intact.

@ steelbaz -> manga spoiler
(click to show/hide)

@ace seras doesnt really level up she just starts using the shit she was too much of a pussy to use as she is pushed into it.
She is like a nuclear warhead with the ability to use melee weapons and small artillery and small arms, while being in denial of being a nuke. She starts off just wanting to not drink blood and help when she can. And then people push her to far and she grinds a bitches face into a wall

Offline AceHigh

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2011, 09:23:40 PM »
Yes yes, it doesn't matter what excuse and story creators make up about characters, either they explore their true potential, train new skills, tap deeper into the power that they previously denied themselves, or if some divine being just gives them power, at it's core it's all about "leveling up" through the course of the story. However if we look from the point of view of the story, then you are of course right.

Offline steelbaz

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2011, 05:59:40 AM »
Yeah i've heard about the Manga battles and the ending of them.
He is still so overpowered that Hellsing Ultimate is low on my favorites list. I mean the animation is superb and the gore/action sequences rock. Just can't get too into the show since the main character is an unsurpassable, sub-diety. It wouldn't be a big deal if he was in the Bastard or To Aru no Index universe, as he'd get handled.

Personally i'm not a fan of vampires, even though i'm a huge horror movie/anime fanatic (which is why I watch these). Always preferred werewolves, sadly there is no Hellsing equivalent series for them. They are almost completed ignored in Anime, except for Margerie Daw in Shakugun no Shana, the one in Hellsing of coarse, and a few others. But I digress...

and now to wait another year for a new OVA  >:(