Author Topic: Berserk season 2 coming?  (Read 38302 times)

Offline lStealtherl

Re: Berserk season 2 coming?
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
I mean the studio...
That they decided to make an anime adaption does not automatically mean they have decided who to give the task to.

Offline Obstorm

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
I hope it's not true. I loved Berserk and felt that it ended perfectly. There's absolutely no chance that a sequel could live up to the first. Best to leave it as it is and not ruin it.

I'm kinda of in the same boat... I'd be scared that, like all second season, they DESTROY the series with such a halfass season  :( :'( :-X   ;D

Offline xfreidax

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
Unless they butcher the manga story, we're probably safe from a half ass season.

Offline deathman

• WTF??
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 05:57:14 PM »
I mean the studio...
That they decided to make an anime adaption does not automatically mean they have decided who to give the task to.
And if you read my first post you ll see that i am posing a question aswell(i dont know that it will be Bones i just hope it will be Bones) as to which studio will take the job of doing it....
Aim for the sky in order for you to reach the earth

Online dbml

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »
I hope it's not true. I loved Berserk and felt that it ended perfectly. There's absolutely no chance that a sequel could live up to the first. Best to leave it as it is and not ruin it.

I'm kinda of in the same boat... I'd be scared that, like all second season, they DESTROY the series with such a halfass season  :( :'( :-X   ;D

... I'm starting to get my hopes up now, which is a bad thing. But damn, what little I've seen of what is to come, looks really good.

And it's Studio 4°C doing it, apparently.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46770
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:11:43 AM by dbml »

Offline relic2279

• Box Fansubs
  • レーザービーム
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2010, 07:11:02 PM »
Yeah, it does look like it's going to happen for sure now...

Offline DLTE

• 一 百 天 的 爱 情 ,一 万 年 的 相 思
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2010, 07:03:12 AM »
Eh?? Isn't berserk over with all the crew eaten by demons, best friend being turned and girl being raped?

Offline xfreidax

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 07:47:35 AM »
Nah. Guts gets a new crew and goes after griffith. The anime covered the first arc. There's 4 arcs worth of material from the manga after the anime ending.

Offline relic2279

• Box Fansubs
  • レーザービーム
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
Here are two trailers, with 1 being added every day for 3 more days.

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

Enjoy :)

Edit: Still don't know if it's a new arc or just a reboot. In the first griffith has wings for shoulder guards which isn't until after the eclipse. But the second shows Zod.  I'm hoping it's a 2nd season with flashbacks.. We'll soon see I guess.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:18:10 PM by relic2279 »

Online dbml

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
Damn it looks amazing! Does anyone know who is doing the singing in the background? I like it.

In the first griffith has wings for shoulder guards which isn't until after the eclipse.

It really must've been a long time since I watched Berserk. I don't remember Griffith looking that feminine, specially with those lips :P

Offline Takeshi

• Animation whore
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »
Edit: Still don't know if it's a new arc or just a reboot.
Would a reboot be needed as in Fullmetal Alchemist? Did the original anime have 100% manga material?

Offline relic2279

• Box Fansubs
  • レーザービーム
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:01 PM »
Would a reboot be needed as in Fullmetal Alchemist? Did the original anime have 100% manga material?

The original FMA was different than the reboot in that the reboot actually followed the manga. The original didn't. Berserk pretty much followed the manga the first time around. That's why I'm kinda hoping for 'season 2' versus a retelling. But I'd watch either with equal enthusiasm.

I hope the same thing happens with the Claymore anime. It followed the manga up till the northern battle. At the end of the northern battle, Claymore took a sharp turn.

Offline xfreidax

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
If you watch that first trailer carefully, guts has his prosthetic cannon arm. Chances are good it's a new arc.

But the next two trailers...I hope they are flashbacks  :P

Caska looks so different btw.

Offline K7IA

• :)
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »
Whether it is a reboot or not, the art and style looks very different from the original. I say similar to FMA Brotherhood, it could require some several warmup episodes to familiarize a new audience.

Looks very cool, thanks for the heads up :)

Offline deathman

• WTF??
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 12:10:52 PM »
I hope that it follows the manga closely(its story was great)
Aim for the sky in order for you to reach the earth

Offline Azurian

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2010, 02:14:44 PM »
Eh?? Isn't berserk over with all the crew eaten by demons, best friend being turned and girl being raped?
Nope. The Golden Age (anime, vol 4 - 13) is just one fourth of the ongoing story.
Guts' journey for revenge as the Black Swordsman begins right after that, and it only gets darker, more brutal and disturbing from there.

Anyone who enjoyed the anime should definitely check out the manga.
One of the most well drawn series out there (as opposed to the lazy anime). 10 pages of Berserk has more detailed art than most manga have in 3 - 4 whole volumes.

From the 3 trailers I've seen of this, it seems like it will be a reboot that follows the manga closely. Hopefully it will just continue from the end of the golden age and make its way to present day in the manga.
Even if it starts from the very beginning, I'm fine with that. :D

Offline KingOfRoll

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 02:57:08 AM »
Yeah, that was the impression I got. There's post-eclipse Casca and Griffith, as well as that screenshot of Puck. For my money, it's a Hellsing Ultimate style reboot of the whole series. This would make me happy.

Jesus, I just realized what some of the darker scenes are going to look like...

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2010, 03:08:43 AM »

The original FMA was different than the reboot in that the reboot actually followed the manga. The original didn't. Berserk pretty much followed the manga the first time around. That's why I'm kinda hoping for 'season 2' versus a retelling. But I'd watch either with equal enthusiasm.

I hope the same thing happens with the Claymore anime. It followed the manga up till the northern battle. At the end of the northern battle, Claymore took a sharp turn.
i wouldnt mind them retelling the 2nd half of berserk in the first like 8 or 10 epsidoes and then do like 16 or 18 episodes of new material( or more preferably)

Offline shoobirdy

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
Man this is great news for me!

Love the original and would probably say it's my fav ever anime.  Something about it just connects with me.  I always thought what it lacked in quality of animation it made up for in style and story.

I wouldn't mind a complete reboot or a continuation.  I do seem to remember that in the anime there were some differences to the manga...although I can't remember what now.  I think maybe puck was in the opening volumes where we saw Gattsu as the Black Swordsman and maybe missing in the anime?  Meh I can't remember...i'm ridiculously excited now  ;D

Offline ange10

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2011, 03:21:58 AM »
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html

all 5 trailers are there.

also from the looks of it those pics released last year or so was actully real :D and you can see the CG and the blood so hopefully we get the berserk anime this year

2011-2012 its the end of the world for me...new berserk anime..im going to die of heart attack when i watch first ep...(Fuckkkkkk berserk anime OMFGGGG"!!"!"£!") I don't watch airing anime but ive waited 10 years (more like 2 years) for new berserk anime.

im so near crying ...right now.

from the looks of it..it looks like full reboot and everything is done in CG...i just HOPE THAT Leaf in the trailer doesn't represent the real anime.