Author Topic: Unable to load [torrent name]. Invalid torrent file - Utorrent error.  (Read 10533 times)

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
Hello there,

I wanted to upload the Toradora that my friend just passed me today, it just happened suddenly that when I downloaded the files from here

http://bakabt.me/144418-toradora-dsx-1280x720-h-264.html

And tried opening it, the file displays the following error

(click to show/hide)

However it only seems that it happens only to this website (some other torrents seems affected too - I tried Fushigi Yuugi, it gave me the same message) and to THIS computer.

When I went upstairs to my brother's computer, I downloaded and opened, there weren't any problem. It 'worked' on ANOTHER computer. The torrent loaded up correctly to the selection page and I can click ok to start DL.

But this is too strange.

I tried the following,
- Deleting and clearing cache in IE
- Clearing cache + cookies in Firefox
- Clearing cache for chrome.

If some of you want to suggests using another browser, I can tell you know, Chrome gave out a 'worse result'

If you tried to load the page of Toradora,

it only managed to load 5% of the description page, I can barely read anything...

here is another screenshot.
(click to show/hide)

So what is the issue?

I tried downloading/opening torrents from Torrentz and it worked fine. Is this site on maintenance? Or is it just something wrong with my computer? If so can anyone suggest anything? I tried googling the issue, but they are all link back to cache - which didn't work. It just happened, this morning I was fine downloading Znt Princess no Rondo to check...but then after 3:30 PM EST (australian time), the torrent error pops up for torrents of BakaBT...

I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox AND Chrome, it did not fix this issue.

Any help are welcome. Thank you.

I came to the following conclusion:

1. Torrents are not their normal size...The toradora normal = 40 KB ...I only got 32 point something...
2. Some sites loaded halfway, I had difficulty loading photobucket.
3. Seems that my whole computer is bottlenecked - check the firewall and Firefox is allowed
4. Some pictures I see on my photobucket are loaded in half!!! Just like the Toradora Background in the description!

PS: I don't know how to make screenies as thumbnails. So I spoiled them ^^

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
  • May typeset edited light novels if asked nicely.
Re: Unable to load [torrent name]. Invalid torrent file - Utorrent error.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
Seems like data packets are being dropped, so you can't manage to finish your downloads. Have you tried a proxy yet?

Offline Talapus

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 11:06:02 AM »
Are you on a wireless connection?

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »
Seems like data packets are being dropped, so you can't manage to finish your downloads. Have you tried a proxy yet?

You mean connection via a different IP? No I've heard of this as a hacking method. Don't know how and never tried it before ^^"

Are you on a wireless connection?

No it's cable, LAN - Local network

I tried loading with IE, I managed to copy this log when loading BakaBT Toradora

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0)
Timestamp: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:11:55 UTC

Line: 50
Char: 1071
Code: 0
URI: http://s2.bakabt.com/static/common2.min.js

Line: 259
Char: 1
URI: http://bakabt.me/144418-toradora-dsx-1280x720-h-264.html

Line: 151
Char: 5

Line: 150
Char: 4

Line: 28
Char: 667
URI: http://s1.bakabt.com/static/common.min.js

It's getting ridiculous, I can only see HALF of my SIGNATURE!! xD

EDIT: Worse yet....I got Toradora sized 16 KB -_-
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:16:52 AM by Flowright138 »

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 11:40:21 AM »
You mean connection via a different IP? No I've heard of this as a hacking method. Don't know how and never tried it before ^^"
Hacking method? LOL... proxy as is proxy means; an authorised substitute. You are requesting the webpage through another server, that server makes the request on your behalf, and sends the data to you.

Pick a seemingly reliable proxy from this list, go to network settings, enter proxy details in the proxy section. There, you are now connecting through a proxy.

If one of the servers in your traceroute is dropping the packets (because of filtering or traffic overload), then this method should work fine for you.

Offline Slykester

• 待ってられない未来がある。。。( ゚Д゚) ハァ?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
Maybe your brother has traffic shaping software installed on your pc. To keep you from saturating upstream and lagging the router. Try safe-mode with networking.

What are those icons at the lower right? One looks familiar with respect to your issue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:29:58 PM by Slykester »

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
Maybe your brother has traffic shaping software installed on your pc. To keep you from saturating upstream and lagging the router. Try safe-mode with networking.

What are those icons at the lower right? One looks familiar with respect to your issue.

Glad you asked :D. I forgot to state the program that I used to shape my net. If you look at the above screenshots, the Blue icon is NetLimiter, and yes it does shape the internet. However, that does not seem to be the problem, because even after "exiting" this program, the torrent still finishes prematurely....
I can add that torrents from Tokyo Toshokan fails to load in my Utorrent as well :/

Hacking method? LOL... proxy as is proxy means; an authorised substitute. You are requesting the webpage through another server, that server makes the request on your behalf, and sends the data to you.

Pick a seemingly reliable proxy from this list, go to network settings, enter proxy details in the proxy section. There, you are now connecting through a proxy.

If one of the servers in your traceroute is dropping the packets (because of filtering or traffic overload), then this method should work fine for you.

I will give this a try and let you know so uh...how do you make one *big grin* ?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:03:07 PM by Flowright138 »

Offline blubart

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 07:00:55 PM »
have you tried saving the torrent file to your disc first (preferable in a not so deep nested directory) and opening it from there?

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »
have you tried saving the torrent file to your disc first (preferable in a not so deep nested directory) and opening it from there?

I never tried saving the file in a different directory, no I haven't. You mean saving the file somewhere else? No. I know that the default saving folder is in the C:/ but I changed it to E:/Uncheck Files . So it's going into another partition.

I will try setting the save directory let's see if it fixes up :)

EDIT:

uTorrent is active, I will change the "save to" location a bit later.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:54:54 PM by Flowright138 »

Offline blubart

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 07:18:26 PM »
I never tried saving the file in a different directory, no I haven't. You mean saving the file somewhere else? No. I know that the default saving folder is in the C:/ but I changed it to E:/Uncheck Files . So it's going into another partition.

actually i was talking about saving the .torrent file on your drive in directory of your choice (via rightclick, save as) before even opening it in µtorrent.
it might be just a temporary problem with your isp/the routing dropping packages - if you download+save the torrent files first you can simply retry until the file has the correct size.

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 07:53:39 PM »

actually i was talking about saving the .torrent file on your drive in directory of your choice (via rightclick, save as) before even opening it in µtorrent.
it might be just a temporary problem with your isp/the routing dropping packages - if you download+save the torrent files first you can simply retry until the file has the correct size.

Nono, I never click on Open...I always have the .torrent file saved on the disk. Then I click on the .torrent file and chooses the files. Problem is that the file finishes too early - and even after many retry, I can't get the .torrent file to the CORRECT size.

Offline Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 08:11:41 PM »
It's windows 7 right, which antivirus/firewall software do you use? Some have major issues with Vista/7...
I know for a fact Symantec does, had uninstall it, because I was loosing connection with my browsers when I tried Vista.

Is the problem bakabt specific? Thoe you did say images don't load either - so I'm assuming it's a global problem.
Does other traffic protocol work - p2p for example or IRC?

Try loading the torrent from url - does it finish downloading or gives you an error?

Offline Xiong Chiamiov

• I'm gonna tolerate and love the SHIT out of you!
    • changedmy.name
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »
Glad you asked :D. I forgot to state the program that I used to shape my net. If you look at the above screenshots, the Blue icon is NetLimiter, and yes it does shape the internet. However, that does not seem to be the problem, because even after "exiting" this program, the torrent still finishes prematurely....
I can add that torrents from Tokyo Toshokan fails to load in my Utorrent as well :/
Oftentimes, applications like that won't cease taking effect until you've rebooted.  You'd have to stop it from launching on boot, of course.
Projects of interest: nagi | sheska | bdg
Posts made between 2009-05-09 and 2011-08-26 were in the capacity of staff.  Please read accordingly.

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 01:04:01 AM »
It's windows 7 right, which antivirus/firewall software do you use? Some have major issues with Vista/7...
I know for a fact Symantec does, had uninstall it, because I was loosing connection with my browsers when I tried Vista.

Is the problem bakabt specific? Thoe you did say images don't load either - so I'm assuming it's a global problem.
Does other traffic protocol work - p2p for example or IRC?

Try loading the torrent from url - does it finish downloading or gives you an error?

Loading the file from URL from Utorrent did NOT work either.

But hey guess what? It got fixed temporarily!!
What I did was system restore - and the funny thing is, I rolled back the time where I created the restore point where the problem was first discovered...cause that was the earliest of all - I don't know why all my previous restore point disappeared!

For the first two torrents, it doesn't seem that the torrent downloaded prematurely...Fushi gi Yuugi was ok, and so Toradora loaded fully with Chrome. But then Firefox didn't loaded the Toradora Background anymore...

I have the Window 7 firewall activated, and NetLimiter firewall on.

I don't know if it is global, because when I downloaded BakaBT torrent from my brother's PC, it is fully downloaded no problem.

Sorry for not stating my OS system earlier

It's Window 7 - x86 architecture.

EDIT:

Oftentimes, applications like that won't cease taking effect until you've rebooted.  You'd have to stop it from launching on boot, of course.

I think I take back my quote....I think my NetLimiter is the culprit. Give me some time to investigate :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:13:22 AM by Flowright138 »

Offline Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 03:24:02 AM »
There is a very high possibility that windows 7 might not be agreeing with NetLimiter or similar software.
I already told you I had a somewhat similar experience with Norton - which worked perfectly fine on XP

In any case if system restore worked (even temporarily) there is that possibility that the software obstructing the transfer was removed or disabled.

When I said global I meant for that troubled computer/system - if it affects everything (no site actually works) or is it just bakabt.

Offline Flowright138

• Live to learn.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 11:51:51 AM »
- if it affects everything (no site actually works) or is it just bakabt.

Is that a question you are asking  :P?

Anyway, yes you are correct. I am not sure that NetLimiter is the CULPRIT! When I have it running and have all the limiter/firewall option DISABLED, the torrent finishes with no problem  :-X

The Toradora description page loads fine and all...so I guess it's the Netlimiter.

I guess I won't suffer my worse fate anymore as "not able to DL any torrents" xD (it's not just bakabt, also on Tokyo Toshokan as well)

Thank you Slykester for ninjaing the icon, and Duki for tipping the hint,
but Thank you everybody for your contributions which has inspired me to keep up with the research on fixing this issue :D

[Case Closed]

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 11:52:35 AM »
Glad it's fixed :)