Author Topic: Suggestion - Add english dubbing company in tags  (Read 806 times)

Offline jfs87

Suggestion - Add english dubbing company in tags
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »
So let's say you want to watch a series dubbed by Bandai or Geneon, but don't know which titles qualify without leaving the site. We should make it that Bandai or Geneon (or ADV now in some cases) could be searched for if interested. Of course I wouldn't say this is a rule, more of a recommendation. How could this be helpful? I know some anime have been dubbed in English 2 or more times. Say someone wanted to download what they thought was the version they are looking for and find out it's some craptacular dub and not the "superior" one.

You might have remembered I made a topic a while back about including the licensing information in the torrent description, but this is different.

EDIT: Hmm...I just realized there is a Bandai visual tag and a Geneon tag, but these refer to the original Japanese release, and ADV get's drowned by ADVenture... This could be a bit difficult to accomplish as it stands now. Disney has done some dubs, but no results when searched for on BakaBT...yet. Funimation will almost always be no.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:03:29 AM by jfs87 »

Offline Chiyachan

• Staff
  • Awards Award for multiple donations to Kiva charity. Award for donating to Kiva charity.
Re: Suggestion - Add english dubbing company in tags
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:09:07 AM »
As far as I'm aware, this is included in the descriptions generally.
Quote from: Enzedder
I agree that its a lounge but its not a supergay lounge.
'Onest, I'm a super cute gal. Befriend me? ;D

Offline psyren

• Ангелы и демоны кружили надо мной...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:18:58 AM »
Following the links to the ANN Encyclopaedia entry will give you what you're looking for.

Hold Nothing: If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet your ancestor, kill your ancestor. Free of everything, bound by nothing, live your life as it is.
Click here if you can't play h264 encodes

Offline Jarudin

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 12:16:47 AM »
I'm trying to steer well clear of anything that smells like an anime database.

AniDB/ANN/AnimePlanet are better at this.

--Jarudin--
Baby, I love the way you move

Online Zalis116

• Box Fansubs
    • ReDone-Subs Founder & Sole Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
A further problem with this is that there's no such thing as a "Geneon dub", a "Bandai dub," or any "_____  dub" unless that _____ is ADV or Funimation. ADV and Funi have their own in-house dubbing studios, but the others contract[ed] the dubbing work to separate studios in Los Angeles, Canada, New York, North Carolina, or even Singapore. So tagging a company like Viz or Media-Blasters could mean a dub made at any number of locations, with widely varying casts and levels of quality.

Got any old fansubs on HDD/DVD/CD? Please take a look at this thread.