Author Topic: Torrent-Invites.com  (Read 4615 times)

Offline Southrop

• Staff
Torrent-Invites.com
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:04:08 AM »
Torrent-Invites.com

In the past, I've seen people request invites for other torrent sites, and have been falcon punched, etc. because of that, but as far as our rules go, I think this is perfectly fine.

Not sure how many people have heard of the T-I community, but it's a great place for getting invites to torrent trackers. That aside, there is a very friendly community. T-I is a forum-based community and not a bittorrent tracker, with the main purpose being the giving away (sharing?) of invites. They have a few strict rules (and lots of people get banned for violating those rules, including racism, swearing, trading, etc.), but it's a valuable place to have an account.

To use T-I, you have to be "Repped in". All new accounts will start in the "Starting" user class and will only have access to the default 3 forums, one of which is the Introductions forum. You're required to post an introduction, and if people like what you've put, they'll give you a rep and you'll have access to the rest of the forum. This process takes time and could take days, so be prepared to wait.

After gaining access to the rest of the forum (unregistered users can have a look to see what's available), depending on your post count, you can ask for invites in the form of a request (use the Request Invites forum) or ask for them in a Giveaway, when other people are giving such invites away. Either way, you'll need to be repped in before you can do that.

I'm a member at this site, not saying my username, because you are required to use a different username than on trackers, but to give some personal experience, I've gone from having an account on What, Demonoid and BakaBT to having accounts on 11 trackers now, so if you're after invites or something, do check it out and stop posting thread asking for them here.

Torrent-Invites.com

Offline Xiong Chiamiov

• I'm gonna tolerate and love the SHIT out of you!
    • changedmy.name
Re: Torrent-Invites.com
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:25:49 AM »
I see you have a referrer id there.

Edit: Damn their website's cluttered.  Done.
Projects of interest: nagi | sheska | bdg
Posts made between 2009-05-09 and 2011-08-26 were in the capacity of staff.  Please read accordingly.

Offline DaggerLite

• Dood!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:22 AM »
Sounds like a pyramid scheme. Not in it's true sense, but it seems sort of like those chain messages: "Post this on 10 other..." -> "Use our site, then get people to invite you to trackers." In other words, it sounds like one new member must contribute quite a bit for some personal gain.

What's wrong with the good old: "Hey, are you a member there? Can I have an invite? You'll get an invite to this other place if you wish."? I know many tracker sites even run their own board for invites like this. I personally don't really feel the need for invites to other places right now. I'm happy with what I've got.

Sorry, just a small rant. I'm sure there are quite a few who will like this site. ;)

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 06:46:42 AM »
No, actually. There's no obligation to share this site with other people. In fact, there's no obligation to get involved in the community either, although to get invites to what they call "mid-level" and "trusted" trackers you are required to have post counts above 20 and 100 respectively.

edit:
Most trackers like bitgamer, demonoid, animebytes, waffles, etc. are low-level, so all repped users can claim invites for those.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:48:53 AM by Southrop »

Offline DaggerLite

• Dood!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 06:58:39 AM »
Mmk, I guess it doesn't sound as bad as I first thought then. I doubt that I'll be joining just now though, since I still don't feel the "need" to have access to more private trackers. I guess it's a nice thing for more secure and quality approved torrents. Perhaps I'll check it out later.

Offline iindigo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
Well, maybe I'm just dense, but after reading over the rules, FAQs, and about everything else a new user has access to several times, I cannot find the secret password at all... I'll keep looking, but it doesn't seem obvious at all...

EDIT: D'oh, found it and now I fee like a total blathering idiot. I could have sworn I read that paragraph fully several times >_<
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:44:21 AM by iindigo »

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
Heh. The password used to be fixed but they've changed that now.

Offline Xiong Chiamiov

• I'm gonna tolerate and love the SHIT out of you!
    • changedmy.name
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 10:03:47 PM »
No, actually. There's no obligation to share this site with other people.
Then why aren't your links bare?
Projects of interest: nagi | sheska | bdg
Posts made between 2009-05-09 and 2011-08-26 were in the capacity of staff.  Please read accordingly.

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 03:05:49 AM »
Because there's a referral competition going on <_<

Offline Scudworth

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 04:57:32 PM »
It sounds all to elitist for me, and quite honestly It's not hard to get invites to most sites nowadays anyway.
But if it's working for you than more power to you. I hope it works out great for you.

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons.

Offline iindigo

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »
Seems the site mysteriously died o_O

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 08:21:07 AM »
Yeah, it went down for some reason. It's alive now, although we're still testing some of the functions.

Offline blubart

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »
I'm a member at this site, not saying my username...
good job at hiding your username ::) ... you might want to fix the line about everything below 60MB is freeleech in your BakaBT review, last time i checked it was definitely 100MB.

(+1 post, huh?)

Offline Tiffanys

• real female girl ojō-sama
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »
Well... I guess I could sign up. I like forums. Don't really need invites to anything though. :P

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 01:35:18 AM »
T-I's just updated their color scheme, rolling out an entirely new look for the site :)

Cheers, blubart. I blame bad memory for that mistake.

Offline IX

• Absolute Localisation Apocalypse
    • Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
I've found this site to be gruesomely useful.
Thanks Southrop.

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »
You're most welcome. Glad that it's helped people :)

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »
So did you win? :P

Offline Xtras

• ~
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »
But once you have BakaBT and Demonoid, do you really need more?  ;D

Between BBT, Demonoid, IsoHunt, Nyaa, and TT, I have been able to find pretty much everything I have ever wanted, both Anime and non-Anime related, with a decent number of seeders to boot. Having multiple private tracker accounts is just too much strain for my poor bandwidth connection.

That said, I still bookmarked that site  ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:18:55 PM by Xtras »

Offline dirkformica

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
But once you have BakaBT and Demonoid, do you really need more?  ;D

Between BBT, Demonoid, IsoHunt, Nyaa, and TT, I have been able to find pretty much everything I have ever wanted, both Anime and non-Anime related, with a decent number of seeders to boot. Having multiple private tracker accounts is just too much strain for my poor bandwidth connection.

That said, I still bookmarked that site  ;)

Well Demonoid went down for a prolonged period, Isohunt is dead (or soon to be), and both Nyaa and TT have had outtages in recent months.  So those seem to be reasons to diversify your torrent portfolio.