Author Topic: Looking for a tsundere school life anime/manga with resolved romance.  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Arinox

Hi. I'm currently on a semi-shoujo binge and I was hoping for some good recommendations. My primary qualification is a I want a good romance with a tsundere. School life rom com is best (although when you come to think about it, almost all romance animes with a tsundere lead and romcoms). What I'm really looking for is an anime or manga with a resolved romance (or for an ongoing manga series, one that is steadily heading towards it). I'm sort of a sick of manga that never seem to end and the romance never gets resolved, nor do I want anime that spend 24 episodes skirting around the topic, only to leave you with a semi-ambiguous ending (admittedly, I still watched and liked anime like these... OURAN, anyone? But that's not what I'm looking for right now).

My favorite right now is Kaichou wa Maid-sama (both anime and manga are ongoing).

Actually, even shounen fare is ok with me, as long as the romance is given SOME focus, and resolved (examples: Bosou Renkin. Unfortunately, Full Metal Panic sometimes forgets the romance aspect. I'm waiting for Durarara to finish.. is it good?)

I've watched and read too many anime and manga to list here (i'm at my the office, and my boss is looking at me funny). But to list a few:

Anime:
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Hatsukoi Limited
School Rumble (UNRESOLVED ROMANCE EVERYWHERE!!!!!)
Ouran High School Host Club(ditto)
Special A (The romance was sorta resolved in the last 20 seconds of the anime)
Lovely Complex
Itazura na Kiss (not tsundere, I know)
Toradora (Although I'm an Ami/Ryujji shipper, still nice resolution)
Kare Kano (Argh)
Kimi ni Todoke (Because it feels like there SHOULD be a 2nd season, it ended up being a coming-of-age anime instead of romance)
Bakemonogatari (great, but the romance isn't really the focus)
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure (Too bad it's harem, so unresolved)
H20 (No comment)
Myself; Yourself (it's primarily a drama, not a romance)
Please Teacher (no comment as well)
Shuffle! (I liked the girl he ended up with)
Haruhi Suzumiya (It's still unresolved!!! I'm waiting for the fansubbed movie!!! But I love it, endless eight and all)
True Tears (drama!!!!)

Manga

MARS (not tsundere, but resolved romance)
Cat Street
Kaichou wa Maid-sama (ongoing)
Dengeki Daisy (ongoing)
Beast Master (TOO SHORT!)
Otokomae Beads Club (TOO SHORT!)
Watashitachi no Tamura-kun
Cutie Boy
Koukou Debut
Five (I'm still reeling from the art)
Oresama Teacher
Junai Tokkou Taichou (unfortunately, the scanlators are taking too long)

Hmm... I'll update as I remember anything I've already seen. But basically, to reiterate... what I'm looking for a nice anime with a resolved tsundere romance. Or the same but in manga form (either finished, or almost finished. The problem with manga is that it takes YEARS to finish).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Offline link0007

Unfortunately from the anime I have watched resolved romances aren't exactly easy to find especially with tsundere characters. Maybe these but I'll be interested to see what else is suggested.

Earl and Fairy (romance is left unresolved in anime but resolving in manga)
Suzuka
Love Hina

Edit: Also maybe Hana yori Dango
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:24:38 AM by link0007 »

Online dbml

If you don't mind some serious old school anime check out Kimagure Orange Road.

And of course one that has no resolution, (but it's painfully obvious who the guy's choice will be) Shakugan no Shana.

Offline Scudworth

Clannad has tsundere and resolved endings, and like 2 other resolved endings.

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super lemons.

Offline Panma

I'm not sure how much tsundere there is, but there is resolved romance (possibly amidst other themes):
Tsukihime, Lunar Legend
Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica crimson S
Kaze no Stigma

Also, what was wrong with Please Teacher? I can understand H2O, but Please Teacher? You're breakin' ma heart.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:59:56 PM by Panma »

Offline Lupin

Suzuka