Author Topic: Best Kung-Fu Mixed Martial art's anime  (Read 12744 times)

Offline Cavanboy18

Best Kung-Fu Mixed Martial art's anime
« on: May 23, 2010, 10:51:37 PM »
Im looking for a violent hand to hand fighting anime..least amounts as guns as possible. Nothing kiddy please either... like naruto... lol... More on the lines of Cowboy BeBop or something like that would be a great recommendation. thanks for your time! Also no magical powers... i want it to be semi realistic of sort's i don't want a guy blasting fire out of his palm. i just wanna see some bad ass brutal brawl's!

Offline DLTE

• 一 百 天 的 爱 情 ,一 万 年 的 相 思
Re: Best Kung-Fu Mixed Martial art's anime
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:29:20 PM »
well, no superpowers hmmm, berserk has supernatural themes but aside from that it might be within your expectations. badass brawl fight

Offline Cavanboy18

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:34:24 PM »
looking for something in more modern times. i saw berserk before. im looking for idk... cool bar fights or something like a kung fu movie but a anime instead like jaki chan but in a anime? maybe there is no such thing... lol? but i bet there is. King of Fighters is good i guess?

Offline Inadaze

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:54:19 AM »
Samurai Champloo  - Great fights but usually swords, not modern tho
Sword of the Stranger - again usually swords, again not modern
Hajime no Ippo - Boxing so ish, but modern and damned good
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:55:50 AM by Inadaze »

Offline xfreidax

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:21:56 AM »
Try,

Tenjou Tenge
Fighting beauty Wulong

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:48:37 AM »
awesome fighting
shura no toki

Offline Panma

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:46 AM »
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple is definitely up your alley. However, the series takes a while to get going, and it isn't really until the second season (episodes 25+) that the fight scenes get good, it sort of parallels the story though - the strong the protagonist gets, the better the fight scenes become. I think they switched animators or studios or something because season two looks a lot different than season one.

You could also try Sumomomo Momomo. It's an oddity, but it is hand to hand combat.

Also, to point out, Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE is almost entirely hand-to-hand fighting (when they do fight) with only a small amount of magic/weaponry. Really, only one arc has guns in it, and they aren't even a main fighting tool.

Lastly, there is Kurokami which is full on science fiction, but I don't think they ever use guns (though I could be wrong). The fight scenes are good in this one, they start out good and stay good. The only part you may dislike is there is a lot of "magical" elements to it.

Offline mordaane

• You Broke It!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:38:34 AM »
There is Baki the Grappler. I found the second season better than the first.

Offline Mcgreag

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 07:23:07 AM »
Fist of the North Star
It's not going to get much more violent than that. I wouldn't call it realistic (for example you have someone taking on a tank with his fists) but there are no magic, they are just ridiculously powerful.
Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason.

Offline Dudz

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 07:27:27 AM »
Hajime no Ippo has great fight scenes. Granted, its boxing and not MMA; however, it is still worth checking out if you want realistic fight scenes.

Offline Cavanboy18

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:39:18 PM »
Thanks a bunch for all your recommendations i will check them out when i get a break from my summer college courses!

Offline JerkFaceBand

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
What? Noone mentioned Jackie Chan Adventures? ROFL!

All anime is going to have the fantasy or sci-fi elements to it.

Fist of the North Star is probably the closest thing you are looking for.

I've never been impressed with anime fight scenes.

The Street Fighter movies were pretty good.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 11:48:36 PM »
seriously nobody 2nded shura no toki show has awesome fight scenes

Offline mizore

• Joō Heika to Cuteness Gods, Desu~
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 05:00:58 PM »
Black Magic M-66 has some interesting attacks made by the androids.  It's been forever since I've seen it, but I remember how kewl I thought the moves were.

Fair warning, it's older and the animation shows it.  Not so bad as Fist of the North Star, but I thought I'd mention it.

Offline sackii

• Say what you want say what you will
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 03:45:13 AM »
seriously nobody 2nded shura no toki show has awesome fight scenes

I'll second that, even tho reading the name just made me remember I watched it... definitely the best fighting scenes I can remember from an anime. It's kind of like Rurouni Kenshin. Grappler Baki has pretty good fights too, although the video quality I watched it in sucked with ugly yellow subs, I wonder if there are better versions out now.

There's also another one this thread made me realize I started watching not that long ago. It's somewhat recent but not very popular. Something about a simplistic fighter that gets carried on everywhere in the edo era. I wish I had kept my anime list updated when I started as opposed from building from memory a few wees ago...

Offline ilk3000

• L33t Ballroom Ninja
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 04:37:08 AM »
Ranma 1/2 has everything from "Anything Goes" Food Delivery to "Anything Goes" Rhythmic Gymnastics...

Master of the Flying Guillotine isn't anime, but probably has the most martial arts styles I've ever seen in one movie.
“Atheism is religion the same way that NOT collecting stamps is a hobby.”

Offline Sky-Phoenix

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 06:38:16 AM »
The World's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is obviously the best martial arts anime. It has nearly every style in the series. Kung Fu, Karate, Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, boxing, sumo, etc.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 06:51:21 AM »
The World's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is obviously the best martial arts anime. It has nearly every style in the series. Kung Fu, Karate, Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, boxing, sumo, etc.
kenichi is pretty good but its lack of a real ending and the fact they didnt make another series with as much additional manga is out by now is dissapointng.

Coupled with the fact that its more or less monster of the week but with random gangs of fighters.

The fights themselves are OK nothing amazing though. I would comment on shows like grappler baki or hajime no ippo but i havent watched either, although have heard good about both especially grappler baki.

Shura no Toki - up until the end area has some REALLY awesome and well done fight scenes.

Kurokami the animation - although not really mix martial arts had some really fuckin awesome fights and they were really well done

Offline Southrop

• Staff
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 07:58:35 AM »
What? Noone mentioned Jackie Chan Adventures? ROFL!
This. I fucking lol'd.

I found Bamboo Blade an amusing anime. Only good if you like the following:
1. Girls
2. Girls doing sports and getting sweaty
3. Kendo
4. Girls doing Kendo
5. Girls doing Kendo and getting sweaty
6. Comedy.

;D