Author Topic: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder - help  (Read 5357 times)

Offline kemlo

Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder - help
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:29:47 pm »
i have tried searching for this, but have come up with nothing, if this is just flogging a dead horse my appologies.

i am in desperate need of help  :'(, i have CCCP (2010-05-21 beta build) and CoreAVC 2.0 on my PC hooked up to my home cinema system, its OS is Windows 7 Pro 64bit, fddshow should handle all audio however when i run CCCP Insurgent it shows that "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder" is handling AAC audio instead  :-[ this is preventing me from getting 5.1 audio from files with 5.1 AAC audio  :'(

my media player of choice atm is Zoom player professional (i would prefer to use MP-HC but it wont let me change either the sub or audio track were available  :'()

i have already tried disabling the codec manually (rename) and it works to an extent, however it causes several files to have loud crackling sound (like when trying to run with a faulty codec) FLCL (KAA) and GTO (B-A) for example (among others), two of my all time fav series so not being able to run them isnt an option  :D

does anyone know how i can get ffdshow to bypass this pita? or perhaps safely remove it?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 06:31:24 pm by kemlo »

Offline namaiki

Re: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio decoder - help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:13:52 pm »
you can try raise the merit of ffdshow audio, if you're desperate.
Kaoru + Aoi + Shiho = Infinity
For video playback: madVR + CCCP 2011-11-11 (use the bundled version of MPC-HC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXBQ

Offline kemlo

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 10:48:29 pm »
this is probably a really stupid question, but how do i raise the merit of ffdshow?

Offline Temuthril

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:20:40 pm »
my media player of choice atm is Zoom player professional (i would prefer to use MP-HC but it wont let me change either the sub or audio track were available  :'()
Haali media splitter, white square in your notification area in taskbar.

Offline namaiki

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:19:23 am »
my media player of choice atm is Zoom player professional (i would prefer to use MP-HC but it wont let me change either the sub or audio track were available  :'()
Haali media splitter, white square in your notification area in taskbar.

Oh ya, or press a to change audio tracks and s for subtitle tracks if lazy.
Kaoru + Aoi + Shiho = Infinity
For video playback: madVR + CCCP 2011-11-11 (use the bundled version of MPC-HC)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXBQ

Offline x5ga

• heh
    • Evil Flowers
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:02:36 pm »
You can try and use this to switch to ffdshow and disable the microsoft DTV-DVD audio one. in the first screen change the aac decoder to ffdshow for both 32 and 64 bits, and in the third screen check the first two options to disable MS DTV-DVD audio. I hope this helps :)