Author Topic: uTorrent won't connect to peers  (Read 13991 times)

Offline bakaOni

uTorrent won't connect to peers
« on: November 26, 2011, 12:32:43 PM »
For the most part I've never had a problem with seeding things before and I've looked through the forums some and couldn't find the solution I'm looking for.

I downloaded a few torrents, then realized they had few peers so it would be harder to seed. I download a couple with a larger number of peers and now they won't seed at all. I have no firewall, no limitations on my upload, etc. It's just not connecting to very many peers for some reason, I get connected to one or two peers sometimes on torrents with fewer peers, but one with 20 and another with 40 and I'm not getting any connections at all.

Any solution? Or more information needed? I would like to seed, I like to see my ratio get real high like it is on NyaaTorrents.

Edit: Also, some of them will connect and seed some while downloading, but after the download is finished it won't connect to peers again at all.(and I'm not "completely" stupid, I do have the torrent on seeding and not stopped or finished or whatever)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:36:12 PM by bakaOni »
A good gamer knows how to PLAY the game; a great gamer knows how to LIVE the game.

Offline mrdkreka

Re: uTorrent won't connect to peers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
Able to download? check
Able to seed? check

So this "uTorrent won't connect to peers" tittle is wrong, and you don't really have a problem. If you have actually searched the forum, or read the Wiki, you would have know that a high amount of peer doesn't equal connection with them. What is most important is the seed:leechers ratio.
There is a difference between nyaa and bakabt, one is open(nyaa) and another is semi-private(bakabt). On private or semi trackers, it is harder to seed because people actually seed compared to open tracker, where only few people bother to seed. This is what you are experiencing at the moment.

Hope that answered your question.
"Nothing is either good or bad, only thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Offline bakaOni

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 03:15:05 PM »
Is a 149:55 ratio good? Because I'm not getting anything out of that.
A good gamer knows how to PLAY the game; a great gamer knows how to LIVE the game.

Offline newy

• Staff
  • Yack...Deculture!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »
You do know how to divide, don't you?

I knew nothing of the outside world. I was just a frog in a well.