Nah, he doesn't talk about the data, he talks about the .torrent files.
Exactly Mirgond !! Thanks for all who have looked in.
Downloaded files all moved with no problems, just want to know why moving the .torrent files themselves caused the errors to appear, can see nothing in uTorrent specific to moving .torrent files and assumed it wasn't going to be a problem. It was !!
Unfortunenatly all the posts on the uTorrent forum seem to cover the download file movement. Perhaps someone could explain the connection between the .Torrent file itself and what it's telling uTorrent ??
Had success here !!
Using some 'creative' wording in Good ol' Google I discovered this link :http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/310286-Utorrent-How-to-move-your-torrents-easily-and-effortlessly
It's a bit heavy, but reading down through it I got a hint that is could be what I was looking for.
This is the BEncode program download link :http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306
To prevent a disaster I stopped all the torrent entries in uTorrent, then exited the program.
The .dat files you are looking for are here :
Back them up !! [Just copy them somewhere safe so if you NEED to, you can put them back]
resume.dat seems to be the important one. I did look at the other .dat files but none had any info in them that had anything to do with the .torrent files.
Run the BEncode program.
Open the resume.dat file.
What I found in my resume.dat were entries for ALL the .Torrent files I had.
I immediately spotted that a whole slew of them were pointing to the original folder [mine was on drive E:]
The rest of the entries were pointing at the new folder [on drive H:]
Pondered for a moment while I worked out how to edit the entries, slow, but easy enough to do as you can copy/paste if you need to.
Edited all the incorrect entries, saved the resume.dat file.
Fingers Crossed at this point !!
Opened my original .torrent folder and moved one of the .torrent files out to the desktop, then opened up uTorrent, the entry there was still Ok, started it up and the seeding was Ok.
Did this with a couple of other .Torrent files just to be sure, then moved the whole original folder out to the desktop so there was NO link to the original folder position.
Opened up uTorrent again, all Ok in there, fired up ALL the torrents and no ERRORS !!
So for me this did the trick.
There might be alternate ways to do this but, this succeeded for me.
A bit of care and paying attention to what you are doing is advised.
MWCDuki3003 edit: Don't double post.