Author Topic: Your last "Freak out" moment  (Read 1105 times)

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
Re: Your last "Freak out" moment
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 04:36:48 am »
-How plain is plain?

Plain enough that the checksum can be found through a reverse lookup (even with salts).
Most people assume password strength lies just in how long it would take to just brute-force the exact string.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 05:50:50 am »
-How plain is plain?

Plain enough that the checksum can be found through a reverse lookup (even with salts).
Most people assume password strength lies just in how long it would take to just brute-force the exact string.

exactly, they have a repositories of commonly used patterns, plus dictionary attacks.
they bruteforce passwords as a last resort.

to begin with, a lot of login protections block bruteforce by a very simple mean, maximum attempts and login intervals.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 06:06:42 am »
I woke up this morning sure that I was late for my senior thesis.  The senior thesis I completed ten years ago....FML!!!

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline metro.

• notesonhowtolive.
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 07:10:51 am »
dropped a bottle of cava when the bag broke carrying it from the street to my house.

thank fully, it did not break, thank god.

at the movies drunk & young

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 07:29:30 am »
I woke up this morning sure that I was late for my senior thesis.  The senior thesis I completed ten years ago....FML!!!
Must be all this anime you're watching - you're having a relapse brought on by an old habit you indulged in during that time.

Offline kitamesume

• Death is pleasure, Living is torment.
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 07:45:49 am »
dropped a bottle of cava when the bag broke carrying it from the street to my house.

thank fully, it did not break, thank god.
why thank god? curse god for making it drop to begin with. :D

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 07:53:42 am »
Must be all this anime you're watching - you're having a relapse brought on by an old habit you indulged in during that time.

Well an old friend stopped by and we binge watched some anime we had on a list we hadn't finished yet.  Haven't done that in a while, good times.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:04 am »
Don't anti-depressants have all kinds of side effects?

I don't know about "all kinds" but if you have a problem where medication is an option, it's important to find the medication that works for you.  Not everyone reacts the same way to different medications.  In my case, when I started discussing Lexapro with other people I know, it turns out that 4 of them (2 co-workers, a friend, and my dad) had all used that medication in the past, and all of them reported positive experiences with it.  My own experience with the minimum dose has been quite good, and I haven't noticed any side effects while taking it.  Some of these drugs you have to be careful with when you stop taking it.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.