Author Topic: End of Summer clean up  (Read 7675 times)

Online Al_Sleeper

Re: End of Summer clean up
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 10:29:28 am »
Even the upload trade-in value seems terrible -- 160hours minimum (seeding a huge number of torrents hoping to achieve that 10point max) for a measly 10GB of upload credit.
50-60 torrents isn't exactly "a huge number".

The previous adoption system worked fine.
With nearly 2500 torrents in the adoption pool? Don't make me laugh :(.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 11:15:14 am »
Imageshack added about ~1300 torrents to that pool tho

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 12:03:59 pm »
Can we increase the number of torrents a person can apply adoption at once (the current limit being one). It would definitely increase the rate of adoption and clean up.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline illya_

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 12:16:01 pm »
Just wanted to warn people that even if your torrent doesn't use any images from imageshack, the script will still put up your torrent for adoption if you have (for instance) a link that is commented out in your css.

Example, this was in one of my torrents, which is now up for adoption:

Code: [Select]
body{
/* background-image: url('http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6973/ccsmall3.jpg');*/
background-image: url('[bbtimg=108458]');
}

Offline macros74

• Staff
  • Swear it! No more School Days!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »
Shoot, I have a few of those too it seems. And for manga descriptions using a MangaMeeya imageshack link (not the screenshots though). Well, time to remove that anyway.

Offline Sashamaru

• Staff
  • Making tsunderes dere
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 01:06:49 pm »
I have fixed broken images on a few of my torrents and reported them to be removed from the adoption. Some of them have been processed and is no longer listed as adoptable, but for some strange reason, those torrents don't appear as uploaded by me on my user page.
Can this be fixed somehow?
I've encountered this bug as well and I figured out what causes it. We've got a quick fix for it now and hopefully an integrated solution in the near future.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:10:37 pm by Sashamaru »

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 01:30:23 pm »
Uwaa~~~ There are ton of torrents I want to get for myself. But I would feel bad for the previous owners (though many seem to be already acting on getting it fixed before they lose it).

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline moosealert

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 03:43:43 pm »
Even the upload trade-in value seems terrible -- 160hours minimum (seeding a huge number of torrents hoping to achieve that 10point max) for a measly 10GB of upload credit.
Really? That seems way more than what an average site user would be seeding.

I would imagine few users with the resources to seed 50+ torrents would be in much need of cashing in their points for ratio.

Offline Ghretto

• Name's Bonzu Pippen paddle Oppsocopolis III
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 05:21:34 pm »
Really? That seems way more than what an average site user would be seeding.

I would imagine few users with the resources to seed 50+ torrents would be in much need of cashing in their points for ratio.

I think the system is fine. It wont incentivize everyone, but it helps the ones who already want to adopt to get into gear and do it.

Offline mrdkreka

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 11:16:39 pm »
I might as well ask. Wouldn't it have been easier just to change the current script for automatic upload, and let it replace all the imageshack pictures with bakashots. Then you could have a bonus point sum for someone going through to check if all off them was fixed correctly. This would both save time for the mods not having to accept and check over 1000 torrents in the adoption system, and users not having to fix something that can easily be fixed with a script?
"Nothing is either good or bad, only thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 11:21:40 pm »
It is not that simple. Many ImageShack links are broken.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 11:35:02 pm »
The previous adoption system worked fine.
With nearly 2500 torrents in the adoption pool? Don't make me laugh :(.
It was sarcasm.
To explain, I was pissed off at staff for rejecting a suggestion I made without being given a valid reason imo.
All I got was "it works the way it is, so no"

Thwn, in typical fashion, all further appealing and discussion was stopped by a locked thread.

So, you should probably understand now.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:38:53 pm by Krudda »

Offline mrdkreka

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:08 pm »
It is not that simple. Many ImageShack links are broken.
True, and this is why in my suggestion I said someone will go through checking those torrents the script ran on, either a mod or someone with special privilege that can then set the torrents that needs it up for adoption.
"Nothing is either good or bad, only thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 12:14:11 am »
Certainly we'll have a mod comb trough 1500+ torrents for broken images, obviously they don't have anything better to do.
The problem is aside from broken images, there are replacement ads that would be pulled, and also downscaled jpegs, broken images with working thumbs etc. No script ever could compensate and predict every possible iteration on that of a large scale.

Offline Ghretto

• Name's Bonzu Pippen paddle Oppsocopolis III
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2015, 12:33:38 am »
Certainly we'll have a mod comb trough 1500+ torrents for broken images, obviously they don't have anything better to do.

hahaha, I was going to say...

It took me about an hour to go through all my inactive torrents, combing for any in the adoption pool so I can scoop them up and fix 'em. I couldn't even imagine doing ALL of Baka.  :-[

Offline mrdkreka

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 01:32:56 am »
The problem is aside from broken images, there are replacement ads that would be pulled, and also downscaled jpegs, broken images with working thumbs etc. No script ever could compensate and predict every possible iteration on that of a large scale.
The thing is, if all 1500+ torrents do get adopted/fixed the mods will in the end have done exactly that, plus having to approve and accept the adoption. I also mentioned having someone else other than a mod doing it, cause my suggestion was all about not having the mods use a lot of time on something so trivial, that anyone can do.

That is why I had the manual check that could be performed by anyone, but I pointed out it might need to be "someone with special privilege that can then set the torrents that needs it up for adoption" which could be something someone do for bonus point or whatever, and receive that feature will doing it (even thought it pretty much exist with report, however that would mean a mod still had to check those that gets reported for the issue).

Also don't know about doing it with javascript, but all of those problem you mentioned can actually be solved automatically
- Replacement ads - Reverse image scan can easily avoid/inform of them
- broken images with working thumbs - script should avoid images with  .th.png /.th.jpg, so it should only perform its check on the actual images.
- downscaled jpegs - have it report/inform if it is the case that the image is jpg.

I'm not saying to actually make it, since it would probably be a bit difficult to do or take a bit to much time, just that it is possible.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:35:34 am by mrdkreka »

Offline Deafboy91

• I can't hear you!
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 04:44:35 am »
Dang, wish bounty system should be added very  sooner. Since I adopted about 75-85 torrent pages with updated description template in several months ago since reddead account are purged and all hentai torrent pages was up for adoption. :[

Oh well.. guess I will adopt some more then.

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 05:15:21 am »
Dang, wish bounty system should be added very  sooner. Since I adopted about 75-85 torrent pages with updated description template in several months ago since reddead account are purged and all hentai torrent pages was up for adoption. :[
Do you really need those bonus points? Your ratio is fine as it is now ;).

Offline Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2015, 07:48:38 am »
Then perhaps compensate us with cookies? Or catgirls? :)

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline Deafboy91

• I can't hear you!
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2015, 08:03:11 am »

Yes, you are right. Pretty much unless if there only have options to increase upload stat. But I just suggested to add more options to spend. (I wanna some sushi!)