Author Topic: End of Summer clean up  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Ghretto

• Name's Bonzu Pippen paddle Oppsocopolis III
Re: End of Summer clean up
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »
Can we increase the number of torrents a person can apply adoption at once (the current limit being one). It would definitely increase the rate of adoption and clean up.

I think this is a good suggestion. There have already been times where I am done with fixing up my adoption and I messaged the Mod, but I am stuck sitting around twiddling my thumbs because they haven't been on in 17+ hours and I can't do anything until they approve it.

I think 2 adoptions at a time wouldn't be too out of place, more than that might get a bit hectic. But I think 2 is reasonable, that way people could work on one while the other is idling for the Mod to approve it. (We know you guys are busy, so we just want to do more work while we wait.  :P)

Offline Xtras

• ~
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 06:14:37 pm »
I wonder why people wouldn't use bakashots (even it's in beta stage). The moment bakashots is gone, I think BBT would disappear as well. So I don't see why people don't trust it. You shouldn't trust BBT if you think that way, because your nice descriptions could disappear as well.
I'm not sure it is a matter of trust. I think a huge percentage are just old torrents from before bakashots. A bulk of the rest are likely just due to habit. If you were accustomed to always using a particular image host, you'd just do it again without thinking about it. It is just one of those things people don't think too much about as long as it works. That is, until big sites like Imageshack do stuff like this.

To give an example, a lot of my old descriptions are hosted on Dropbox just because I use their service for a lot of things and I just know how it works. Realistically, using Bakashots for BBT descriptions is a better idea, but I use what I know. I never really update anything ...

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2015, 09:17:08 pm »
If you want to do a second torrent while waiting for the first to be approved, nothing is stopping you from using the sandbox.
Create the description in the sandbox first and as soon.as the first torrent is approved you should be pretty muchbready to offer the next.

Theres a chance someone else snagged it, but with so many thats less likely.

If you need the original description, you can easily get them from http://bakabt.me/description.php?id=<numbers>
Example: http://bakabt.me/description.php?id=178967
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:23:08 pm by Krudda »

Offline Ghretto

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2015, 09:32:21 pm »
If you want to do a second torrent while waiting for the first to be approved, nothing is stopping you from using the sandbox.
Create the description in the sandbox first and as soon.as the first torrent is approved you should be pretty muchbready to offer the next.

Theres a chance someone else snagged it, but with so many thats less likely.

If you need the original description, you can easily get them from http://bakabt.me/description.php?id=<numbers>
Example: http://bakabt.me/description.php?id=178967

I already do that, the only problem with that is I can't upload any images until I own the torrent. Because BakaSHOTS requires the torrents ID first, and I can't upload images associated with a torrent I don't own. (But I still plan ahead and use the sandbox for everything else.)

But I now have one adoption still pending and a sandbox with the second ready to go. My Mod hasn't been on in 22 hours and I don't want to just keep making mostly finished code for adoptions I haven't gotten yet.I could have had a second one already done and finished with the amount of time it's taking to get the first approved.

Online Al_Sleeper

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2015, 10:25:21 pm »
You can upload images to a temporary host, e.g. fastpic.ru
Moving them to BakaSHOTS afterwards takes less than a minute.

Offline Ghretto

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2015, 10:43:07 pm »
You can upload images to a temporary host, e.g. fastpic.ru
Moving them to BakaSHOTS afterwards takes less than a minute.

The 'Upload images to image server' button seems a little finicky. When I used it last on an adoption that had my images saved to photobucket, it initially transferred all the images over and saved them to bakaSHOTS, and even stated under the screenshots that they were hosted on bakaSHOTS, but then when I went back into the description to make another change, it reverted them back to photobucket. So it's easier to just wait to upload them once I have the torrent. (I assume it doesn't actually change the code when you port them? I don't know why it wouldn't, but that seems like the only possible reason why it would revert back to the original image links rather than the baka ones.)

Offline 12laus

• Staff
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2015, 10:45:44 pm »
The 'Upload images to image server' button seems a little finicky. When I used it last on an adoption that had my images saved to photobucket, it initially transferred all the images over and saved them to bakaSHOTS, and even stated under the screenshots that they were hosted on bakaSHOTS, but then when I went back into the description to make another change, it reverted them back to photobucket. So it's easier to just wait to upload them once I have the torrent. (I assume it doesn't actually change the code when you port them? I don't know why it wouldn't, but that seems like the only possible reason why it would revert back to the original image links rather than the baka ones.)
You need to click 'Load original description'.

When you click 'Upload images to image server' the actual code will still have the photobucket images.

Offline Ghretto

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »
You need to click 'Load original description'.

When you click 'Upload images to image server' the actual code will still have the photobucket images.

I just tried it, and it seems to have saved the screenshots, but any other images are still being saved with the outside link. Images such as the cover image and background images.  :/

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2015, 11:01:02 pm »
That's because you overwrote the changes. Once you click the upload and replace images, all images are tranferred. However the way sandbox is made, it will still cache the old description.
Once you click the 'Load original description' it will drop the cache and reload your updated description. It's basically similar to using Ctrl+F5

Offline Ghretto

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2015, 11:30:48 pm »
That's because you overwrote the changes. Once you click the upload and replace images, all images are tranferred. However the way sandbox is made, it will still cache the old description.
Once you click the 'Load original description' it will drop the cache and reload your updated description. It's basically similar to using Ctrl+F5

I don't think I am understanding what I am doing wrong.
The steps I took were; 1: upload images to baka through the handy button provided in edit, 2. (Since it saves and refreshes the page back at the home page of the torrent) Go back into edit and hit load description? This saves the screenshots fine but the other images are still wrong. so then what, 3. ???

I apologize for not understanding, I'm still pretty ignorant to all of this.

But regardless of using images before or after an adoption is in my possession, that doesn't solve the problem that I can fix adoptions faster than Mods can approve them. I think having multiple available would help fill that lag of waiting to be approved. BUT, it's only a suggestion, I can be doing other things within that time (like my actual job since I am at work...). I just like helping Baka, and I wish there was a more optimized way for me to do that.  ^.^

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2015, 11:38:07 pm »
Which torrent? I'll have a look

Offline Ghretto

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2015, 11:42:07 pm »

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2015, 11:53:52 pm »
That's because the url of that image is http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll1/Thatoneguywiththeface/wriAAmc_zpstdizjwpf.jpg~original

Because of that ~original, it never picks up that it's an image it should scrape. You can either have to select it manually or use a direct link like http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll1/Thatoneguywiththeface/wriAAmc_zpstdizjwpf.jpg

Offline Ghretto

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2015, 12:42:20 am »
That's because the url of that image is http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll1/Thatoneguywiththeface/wriAAmc_zpstdizjwpf.jpg~original

Because of that ~original, it never picks up that it's an image it should scrape. You can either have to select it manually or use a direct link like http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll1/Thatoneguywiththeface/wriAAmc_zpstdizjwpf.jpg

Well that solves that problem. lol
Thank you for taking a look at it!  ;D

Offline carks

• Staff
  • Everyday is always the best day~
    • muh blog
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:45 am »
You guys should do the same for the torrents that have sadpanda.us links. The place is dead so i don't even know how it's even on the wiki lol

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga |

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
For some reason, I'm not allowed to submit an adoption request. My previous request has already been handled by Nodame-chan. Dunno if this is a site bug or just natural. It's only been around 13 hours since approval.

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2015, 01:50:15 pm »
She hasn't reviewed your adoption as finished yet. You get 2 messages, 1 on approving the initial request and another on completion.

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2015, 02:59:10 pm »
I did get two messages. But one for adoption approval and her (i didn't realize that she's a she. No offense, Nodame) advice. But I guess I have to wait then.

Oh, and also, the forum's bugging out. There's a Remove button... again. that's unusual.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 03:04:21 pm by ridon428 »

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:24 pm »
Remove button is only available in announcement topics....

Offline indifference

• Ambivalence: A Human Work...
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2015, 10:31:16 pm »
Been thinking about adopting since I recreated my account after getting pruned, but the broadband here at my new place has been pretty damned sketchy. Cable dude came by yesterday, ran all new wires from the pole to the house, replaced all the 80's cable wire, and put a new junction box outside because they old connection was dry rotted.

Long story short; I'm ready to get my ratio back up to what it used to be... Also, good to see everybody. Hope you're all doing well.

...The Sickness Unto Death