Author Topic: Happy Chinese New Year 2016  (Read 5316 times)

Online Duki3003

• Admin
Happy Chinese New Year 2016
« on: February 08, 2016, 12:15:59 am »
Today, February 08. 2016, we welcome the Year of the Monkey.

The Year of the Monkey, 2016, in the Hsia calendar, is symbolized by two elements – with Yang fire sitting on top of metal.

2016 is the 4713th Chinese Year. According to Chinese Horoscope calendar, the first day of Red Monkey is on February 4, 2016. However this day is not the Chinese New Year Day, Chinese New Year Day is on February 8, 2016.

Occupying the 9th position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Even though their intentions are always good, this desire to be a prankster has a tendency to create ill will and hurt feelings.
Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged. Monkeys prefer urban life to rural, and their favourite pastime is people-watching.

Predictions for 2016, Monkey

The Year of the Monkey 2016 is a good year to break free and take calculated risks as there is nothing more powerful or rewarding than following your heart’s desire. The energies are supporting these changes.
Mr. Monkey can be menacing as he can easily overthrow old conventions that no longer work. This could mean toppling of old empires or iron fisted bosses. So just remember, bosses that have been taking advantage of this economic down turn may soon learn to regret it. All things find their balance eventually.

So to wrap things up, BakaBT staff wishes you Good luck and Prosperity in this Year of the Fire Monkey!!!

-Duki3003

Offline nguyenquan1

Re: Happy Chinese New Year 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:11:09 am »
Lunar New Year is better ?
because it isn't only China has Lunar New Year
( ^ . * )!

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:15:59 am »
Happy (Chinese/Lunar) New Year!
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:32:52 am »
I wonder's what's special in Chinese new year :unsure:

edit: Steam Sale, I guess
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:53:43 am by ridon428 »

Online Duki3003

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:46:10 am »
Technically you could say the same thing about any holiday, couldn't you?
To some it's just another day, to others it's the New Lunar Year day.

Offline Xemnarth

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:14:57 am »
Possibly a good year for Monkey D. Luffy too :p

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 10:19:29 am »
So it's a new year for Lunar calendar? I think we all use Gregorian Calendar.
I'm not really in to celebrating any holidays

Offline jackdanyls

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 10:26:04 am »
Just remember everytime you see fireworks, who invented them.
My excuse why I don't celebrate the Lunar chinese new year, is that I was born on the year of the cat, but I fell asleep, and hate water. 
What's yours?

Offline bxyhxyh

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:09:25 am »
FYI, asian countries really don't like to call it "Chinese" new year.
They all think it's theirs.
So I prefer to say Lunar new year or Asian new year.

Edit: Okay I should've read other posts.

Offline Memfispaladi

• =kuchitsu on the main site
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 01:49:57 pm »
For a split second I thought that the monkey's head is actually that girl's giant boobs. Too much hentai I guess.

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 02:29:22 pm »
Just remember everytime you see fireworks, who invented them.
My excuse why I don't celebrate the Lunar chinese new year, is that I was born on the year of the cat, but I fell asleep, and hate water. 
What's yours?
I think I was born on the Year of the Rabbit. It says that they are not aggressive but approachable. They also have a decent and elegant manner.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline seanna2k

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:13 am »
A Happy Chinese New Year to all of you too~! Well, we call it the Chinese New Year because this one is according to the Chinese lunar calendar, since different people of Asia follow different lunar calendars. Here in Malaysia, our calendar has the Gregorian solar calendar, the Chinese lunar calendar, and the Arabian lunar calendar used by muslims all in the same calendar.

Anyway, i was thinking "Ouch! Fire?! That's my counter element!" lol though I don't believe in things without solid scientific and logical evidence, but it can be fun to do this stuff now and then. So as you might guess my element is Metal, so haha, I hope things go fine for me this year! lol Also, to be precise, it's the Year of the Fire Monkey, so let's do what we should be doing, use wisdom and foresight! Think before we leap and perhaps this silly problem with all the wars and riots can be solved correctly with as little damage as possible (though much damage has already been done). Hopefully the people in power will think this way and not be so selfish.

Madoka is a rather lucky girl, no? In anime they get to achieve their true desires of even apotheosis simply to help people forever. :) Too bad we can't do such things in reality, huh? A hundred thousand or even millions of years of waiting and watching would be worth it if even a single being could be helped by doing so even if humanity destroyed itself and things had to restart all over again from scratch. My hope for this year is that people learn to throw away their selfishness and learn to cooperate and help each other towards the overall good of all and that they learn to maintain as perfect a balance as possible. I myself will continue working towards such principles since they are the principles I believe in.

A Happy Chinese New Year~! May all of you prosper and live long and healthy and happy lives~! Oh, and may there be more good anime, manga, visual novels and light novels, and creative, interesting and fun ones rather than dry ones like recently~! :p

Offline bxyhxyh

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 11:52:49 am »
Well, we call it the Chinese New Year because this one is according to the Chinese lunar calendar, since different people of Asia follow different lunar calendars.
Japanese don't like to call it "Chinese", and Mongolians as well. I don't know how Korean think but I think it's the same.
I know that it's popularized as Chinese. So ok I guess.

Offline seanna2k

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 05:31:55 am »
Well, we call it the Chinese New Year because this one is according to the Chinese lunar calendar, since different people of Asia follow different lunar calendars.
Japanese don't like to call it "Chinese", and Mongolians as well. I don't know how Korean think but I think it's the same.
I know that it's popularized as Chinese. So ok I guess.

Well, I guess you could always call it the Lunar New Year. I'm just being specific, since this one follows the Chinese lunar calendar, and it'd be weird if I said "Japanese New Year" when I'm chinese. lol. But who cares, I don't like all that racial stuff anyway. To be Chinese is to follow the Chinese virtues and not whether you're born of the Chinese race or not. It's more of a culture than a race. Anyway, that's what many of us feel anyway. One must be hardworking, capable, effective, efficient, wise, intelligent, knowledgeable, open-minded, progressive, loyal to your principles, just, balanced, and have good foresight and insight, learn from the past, be calm, be humble and modest, amongst many other things.

So no offense meant, and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Offline Wisperer

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 07:15:51 am »
I was born June 1992. That was the year on the monkey two Cycles ago.
BTC 1FhCLQK2ZXtCUQDtG98p6fVH7S6mxAsEey
We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves.
The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus.
This is not the algorithm. This is close.

Offline seanna2k

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 08:56:35 am »
I was born June 1992. That was the year on the monkey two Cycles ago.

So what... You're a Water Monkey then?