Author Topic: Seeding Questions  (Read 693 times)

Offline defan752

Seeding Questions
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:52:06 am »
Hi, I'm a novice user and I'd like to ask a few questions about seeding to BakaBT.

I read about ISP's attitudes towards BitTorrent, and I'm a little worried about BakaBT. I love using this site, but is it anonymous just by using a private tracker? Also, would seeding to a private tracker attract attention? It would be really cool if some of you shared your ways of leeching/seeding to BakaBT and torrenting anime in general.

Thanks for all of your help!  :D

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
Re: Seeding Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:04:34 am »
You won't automatically conceal your traffic to the ISP if that's what you're asking.
What exactly is your ISP's attitude for torrents? Throttling?
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline defan752

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:13:16 am »
My ISP is Verizon. They've made it clear what they will do, so it'll be throttling first, then capping your internet down to dial-up speed. But then, BakaBT shouldn't be noticed, right?

Offline megido-rev.M

• Come now, it's nothing special.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:18:36 am »
I'm betting it will treat all torrents the same.
Not sure what others do to bypass the mechanism, other than switching ISP's.
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline buchno

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 05:51:13 am »
Some rent seedboxes (dedicated servers for downloading and seeding torrents securely).

Don't know how they bypass it locally without a VPN or the like.

Offline Southrop

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:07 am »
Just so you know, BakaBT is not a private tracker.

Offline benreilly

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »
hello recently i have been in warned status (due to my own idiocy ) . i am trying to raise my ratio by having some full torrents uploaded but my question is this if i want to also seed to other trackers should i download a different torrent and seed them at the same time? or just add a tracker in that particular section?
because when i do that i get a tracker failed reason from the other trackers.

also because i cannot download new torrents i am trying to download the same torrent from a different site (like nyaa/tokyotosho etc) but it doesnt seem to affect my ratio . also also in my status page my torrents seem inactive (0d/0u).

i am using tixati 2.51(64bit) on win10pro (ports open, dht disabled)

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 01:28:50 pm »
No, don't add trackers. It can get yourself banned. The reason why you get failure (like unregistered torrent error) is because they have different torrent hashes. There are cases of hash collisions but do not add the trackers on private torrents.

Downloading torrents from other sites will not get your ratio affected on BakaBT.

As for trying to recover from ratio debt, you download files from other sites. Once they're done, you use those to seed on BakaBT by pointing to the files you've downloaded.

Offline benreilly

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »
No, don't add trackers. It can get yourself banned. The reason why you get failure (like unregistered torrent error) is because they have different torrent hashes. There are cases of hash collisions but do not add the trackers on private torrents.

Downloading torrents from other sites will not get your ratio affected on BakaBT.

As for trying to recover from ratio debt, you download files from other sites. Once they're done, you use those to seed on BakaBT by pointing to the files you've downloaded.

thank you i removed the extra trackers so as to not get banned.  and restarted tixati and the ratio went up... probably the site doesnt acknowledge the changes at the same time.

thank you.