Author Topic: Watching Anime on YouTube  (Read 171 times)

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
Watching Anime on YouTube
« on: February 12, 2017, 03:01:12 am »
So I've been watching a lot of anime on YouTube recently.  It's mainly the stuff from the Nineties and prior, but with some more modern mixed in as well.  Some of the titles include Demon City Shinjuku, Escaflowne, Megazone, Gunsmith Cats, Dominion Tank Police, Coyote Ragtime Show, etc.  Most of these shows are full screen and at normal playback speed.  I've found more modern series like Overlord and My Hero Academia, however they're usually in a small corner of the screen and the audio is sped up or slowed down.  So while you can watch it, I wouldn't recommend it.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Online Zalis116

• Box Fansubs
    • ReDone-Subs Founder & Sole Member
Re: Watching Anime on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:52:06 am »
I have watched a few episodes uploaded by company channels on YouTube, but what's the point of watching illegal uploads there? Any illegal stream, whether on YT or elsewhere, is going to be worse quality than what you can find here on BakaBT (or nyaa and other places for blacklisted titles), and I severely doubt there's much of anything subbed on YT that's not available via the download scene.

Got any old fansubs on HDD/DVD/CD? Please take a look at this thread.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:46:04 am »
I prefer to go to nicovideo.jp for my anime streaming needs. But even then, I still download it.

Youtube is only good if you're using the official channels, like Zalis mentioned. And even then, they purposely reduce the quality in order to tempt you to buy the home media versions.

Offline capnmorgan

• I have mastered making grape koolaid.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 10:38:20 pm »
Oh, I haven't stopped downloading my shows.  It's just more practical to watch these on my 4th gen ipod touch and my cheapo phone than to try and squeeze them into the limited storage space on those suckers.  It's also some series that I can't find on torrent sites or don't have any active seeders.  The video quality isn't that great, but since I'm watching it on my itty bitty electronics and not my big honking T.V. it's O.K.

If your superpower requires you to get naked, its not a power its a problem.

Offline Bozobub

• Demon Lord of Clowns
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:56:51 am »
On a small screen, I don't see why not; it saves storage, and you can hardly see the quality difference, honestly.  That said, I hardly ever do so, unless it's a title I simply can't easily find elsewhere (yes, this does happen from time to time) :P .

Online DespondenSea

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 04:01:03 am »
Oh, I haven't stopped downloading my shows.  It's just more practical to watch these on my 4th gen ipod touch and my cheapo phone than to try and squeeze them into the limited storage space on those suckers.  It's also some series that I can't find on torrent sites or don't have any active seeders.  The video quality isn't that great, but since I'm watching it on my itty bitty electronics and not my big honking T.V. it's O.K.

I'd be shocked if there are series that are on Youtube and not on torrent sites.

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 04:43:29 am »
There's a Chinese animation I am yet to find anywhere other than YouTube