Author Topic: Nickname explanations?  (Read 194325 times)

Offline metro.

• betterdays.
Re: Nickname explanations?
« Reply #1280 on: March 23, 2016, 12:22:54 pm »
@Ixarku So how do you pronounce it ? 'I-cks-ar-chu' or 'I-har-chu'

Nice to see someone else having a similar origin story for their nick

None of that matters, he is the personification of a lobster mixed with an old man.

EDIT:
more like I-HEART-CHU
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:33:05 pm by metro. »

locked your love in a screenshot

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #1281 on: March 23, 2016, 04:27:39 pm »
I think it's spelled :
izarku

in english the X is often made to sound like a Z

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #1282 on: March 23, 2016, 11:55:41 pm »
Good guesses, but you're all wrong.  It's pronounced IKS-AR-KOO.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #1283 on: March 24, 2016, 04:07:10 am »
I've always pronounced it that way. ???

Online DefyingChick

• its 'Defying Chicken', but no matter ^^
« Reply #1284 on: March 24, 2016, 12:56:01 pm »
I never pronounced it, and just thought of you as lobsterman.

Offline TheSddt

• Troll at BakaBT
« Reply #1285 on: March 24, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
@Ixarku So basically an Ixnay to all our assumptions BTW  I-cks-ar-chu and IKS-AR-KOO should be the same
(i meant chu as in chorus) ... well its not like you were giving away cookies  huh ...
sigh :P 

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #1286 on: March 24, 2016, 11:20:42 pm »
I never pronounced it, and just thought of you as lobsterman.

I actually identify more with Professor Farnsworth than I do with Zoidberg.  Was watching an episode of Futurama ("The Deep South", where my avatar is taken from) many years ago with my girlfriend. The crew is sitting around a table talking with mer-people.  Farnsworth abruptly stands up and announces loudly, "I'm bored!  Let's go already!"  Girlfriend points at me and declares, "That is YOU!"  True story.

My avatar is from my favorite scene in "The Deep South", when the professor accidentally sprays himself with fish pheromones ("the most potent aphrodisiac known to fish-kind!").  He gets instantly covered by sea creatures, and swipes 'em all off.  Then Zoidberg saunters over, practically purrs, "I'm SOOOO into you," and slobbers all over his head.
If I ever meet God in person, I'm going to ask Him why he created so many stupid people, and then punch Him in the nose before he answers.

Offline jaybug

• Go Ducks!
« Reply #1287 on: March 29, 2016, 03:45:22 am »
I figured out the Ix part, as soon as I started to write a short form for Ixarku. But I have never figured out the rest of the arku. Sometimes I think it should be read Aku, as from Samurai Jack. lol BEsides, I'm sure having a voice like Mako's is better than your own, eh? HA!
Timing is everything in comedy!

Offline Ghost_Null

« Reply #1288 on: May 09, 2016, 09:06:53 pm »
Ghost_Null is a name I use when undertaking more covert operations in the internet, and my experience as a forum member is fairly extensive, spanning 10+ years across 3-5 forum sites. I remember the forum name I have in the first site as well as my second site. I formally have a current name for more obvious sites, but I see BakaBT as a site requiring a lower profile based from my conclusions, and will take on that name.

And there will be those obligatory 'OOOOoooooOOooo' or any generic fail-spook lines somewhere.

Offline Zetsumei

• Quixotic Prophet. Keeper and sharer of wisdom&love
    • My Twitter of wisdom
« Reply #1289 on: May 23, 2016, 08:05:53 am »
Zetsumei. 絶命【ぜつめい】  Literally: end of life, but I just translate it as a capital Death. I've always been known as both Jesus and Death, and both manage to apply to me in a complicatedly, philosophical/metaphorical way. Maybe that's why my avatar is Kenshin. But mostly one day a long time ago I was just trying to think of a good-sounding name/handle I could use on websites/games that wouldn't always be taken. Since I came up with it I thought I was safe.

But I swear since then other people keep taking it. You internets bastards.
There is always a reason to be depressed, if you look for one.
There is also always a reason to be happy, if you look.
Down which path will you choose to look?
BE the change that you wish to see...

Offline Tuna-chan

• Is a fish
    • Otakuchan.moe
« Reply #1290 on: October 05, 2016, 11:41:46 pm »
Tuna is one of my many aliases, Tuna was taken here so it ended up being Tuna-chan.
The story behind my Tuna alias is fairly weird, yet also probably quite generic in a way that most would not think about.
Long story short, my mother is one cray cray woman, and thought it would be a great idea to to call her new born baby Tuna, yup, that was the name on my birth certificate   >:(
Anyway, when I turned 16 I got that shit legally changed to something a little bit more normal, yet still pretty unique and never seen before ever >..>
Although I guess the name stuck with me online.
Imma fishy person for sure....

Offline Ixarku

• (V)_|*,,,*|_(V)
« Reply #1291 on: October 05, 2016, 11:48:05 pm »
Tuna is one of my many aliases, Tuna was taken here so it ended up being Tuna-chan.
The story behind my Tuna alias is fairly weird, yet also probably quite generic in a way that most would not think about.
Long story short, my mother is one cray cray woman, and thought it would be a great idea to to call her new born baby Tuna, yup, that was the name on my birth certificate   >:(
Anyway, when I turned 16 I got that shit legally changed to something a little bit more normal, yet still pretty unique and never seen before ever >..>

On the bright side, at least you weren't named Pikachu.

Offline VicViper573

« Reply #1292 on: October 19, 2016, 03:25:08 am »

So it didn't have to do with tuna sandwiches?

Offline Anime

« Reply #1293 on: October 23, 2016, 11:59:48 am »
Mine is kind of obvious.

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #1294 on: October 23, 2016, 02:49:07 pm »
Mine is kind of obvious.
Sadly, it isn't unique :no:

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #1295 on: October 23, 2016, 08:43:31 pm »
Mine is kind of obvious.
Mine is so unique no one even seen me HAR HAR !

Offline Anime

« Reply #1296 on: November 07, 2016, 12:43:07 am »
Mine is kind of obvious.

I made the account when I was a lot younger. Since only some of the first people had a chance to get it.