Author Topic: Nickname explanations?  (Read 196955 times)

Offline Morgia

• Gebete an den Hühnergott 5 Euro
Re: Nickname explanations?
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2009, 10:57:53 pm »
Guild wants me to come back for Ulduar progression. You would think they would have replaced me by now.

Same here.... but they can wait 'til they're old and grey for that... I have more urgent business at the moment than playing MMORPGs ... plus: I told them I'd quit if they invited Rellina back then...they did anyway... *grumbles*...

Offline queenmetroid

• Uuuuuuuu! Uuuuuuuuu! UUUUUUUU!!!
    • Metal Slug Database
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2009, 11:22:32 pm »
QueenMetroid...lol

I've had this one for almost my entire internet existence...5 years now? The reasons I choose it are many...one, I wanted a unique nickname. As far as I know, no one else has this nickname. In fact, Googling it finds only one occurance that isn't mine. (I think "The Metroid Queen" would sound lame, which is why I didn't use it.) Two, Metroids are universally recognizable, and so everyone knows what they can do. (Life sucking...mmmm). Three, Queen serves two purposes. One, it is vanity. Metroids are hermaphrodites, so the Metroid Queen is essentially the most powerful Metroid. So I'm the most powerful Metroid. The second part of that is I can diguse my gender if I choose, which leads to unbridled hilarity. At an older forum which I still go to, the n00bs all call me a she. This is mostly why I get a kick out of messing with people's gender. Yeah, I'm messed up, I know.
Quote from: queenmetroid
Quote from: esreveR
Seriously queen, can't you read?
What makes you think I actually read your posts?

Offline Freshbite

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2009, 11:30:05 pm »
At an older forum which I still go to, the n00bs all call me a she.

Why wont you use the name KingMetroid?
That way, people wont be confused about your gender.
You could also try LordMetroid, SirMetroid or anything similiar. (Why not "Superduperoverpoweredrulerofallmetroids"?)

I support good grammar and well structured writing.

Offline queenmetroid

• Uuuuuuuu! Uuuuuuuuu! UUUUUUUU!!!
    • Metal Slug Database
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2009, 11:42:43 pm »
At an older forum which I still go to, the n00bs all call me a she.

Why wont you use the name KingMetroid?
That way, people wont be confused about your gender.
You could also try LordMetroid, SirMetroid or anything similiar. (Why not "Superduperoverpoweredrulerofallmetroids"?)

Because there is no "KingMetroid" in Metroid lore. Also, Queen suggests grace and dignity, which I obviously have in spades.
xD
Quote from: queenmetroid
Quote from: esreveR
Seriously queen, can't you read?
What makes you think I actually read your posts?

Offline Freshbite

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2009, 11:53:46 pm »
What about LordMetroid?
I'm sure there must be atleast one male-like metroid that is a bit "Better" than the rest, don't you think?

Offline Lan-the-Pianist

• Former Staff
  • My fingers are faster than your fingers.
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2009, 11:03:41 am »
I started out in my youth (boy, the years go by too easily =\), and back on the WinMX network, I started out as LancerEvolutioni005 (005 was a riff off of 007) but it was waaaaaaaay too long, so I cut it down to LanEvo005, and when I joined an Anime group on WinMX, people just called me Lan. So I started using that, but it needed personalization, and I do play piano so ...

Lan-the-Pianist.

I like the pun too  ;)
Lan 
I dont care if you and indiana jones go on the holy grail of boob search, looking for a nipple in the shape of new zealand. I really dont give a shit.

Offline Killbasas

• Yar
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2009, 06:20:38 pm »
My nick actualy came up because back in my days on AY I needed a nick and it was first thing that came to my mind, but it has a pun and a meaning in it. Pun part: Killbasas, from the word kilbasa or sausage.
Normal part: Killbasas, kill is self explanatory, basas - in my native language it means "with out shoes", add together and you got kill with out shoes or bearfoot killer

Offline Freshbite

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »
add together and you got kill with out shoes or bearfoot killer

Why didn't I think of that? xD

Offline Tsunamu

• MyAnimeList
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:55 pm »
Mine's easy, I guess.

I used to be known as Chocobo / Black Mage Chocobo (since Chocobo would often be taken obviously. XD) but eventually, that changed and during RP session, I had to get a 'better' name; so a close friend of mine eventually dubbed me Tsunamu, the terror of water.  (It was because I used to be around water a lot... and yes, my friend -did- take it through a FF game as she summoned Leviathan at that time, but that doesn't matter ;P... I'd use Leviathan a lot, but it's another name that's often taken, rofl)

A pun on Tsunami, only to give it more of a guy-ish sound/look. It has been my main nickname for a good 6-8 years now, in fact it's pretty much become my second name.  I wonder if all the people that 'suffered' because of a tsunami would hate me though, lol.

Offline mgz

• Box Fansubs
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2009, 06:34:48 pm »
mine is fairly simple

when i started gaming many years back, i wanted to think of something random that was awesome so i picked mecha godzilla
since mechagodzilla didnt fit in most games name slots, i made it into an acronymn M for mecha G for god Z for zilla real simple, and its just stuck with me

Offline sdedalus83

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2009, 07:53:49 pm »
Back in high school I was a bit too obssessed with James Joyce, arrogantly beleiving myself to be very much like his most famous character, Stephen Dedalus{well, minus the whoring}.  Depending on the character composition requirements and my mood at the time, it varies, occasionally omitting my birth year or adding an underscore between the s and d.  I kept it because it makes life easier to use a few variations of a single nick, rather than choosing a new one each time.

Offline agbaba

• just a dream
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2009, 06:37:28 am »
Agbaba = random name i used when signing up for things. (I now wish i chose a better name)

Offline Aneroph

• 笑顔で暗闇
    • Deviantart
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2009, 07:47:14 am »
Well, I used to play MUD (Multi User dungeion) back in the fifth grade and the game forced you to come up with a name that wasn't a real name, didn't include numbers, didn't include actual words, and couldn't be googled. So I came up with a few different and finally settled on Aneroph. Unfortunately, I was in a rush when I found BoxT (was sitting out in my car leeching off my community college wireless internet) and when I registered I mispelled my name as anerph. I didn't really care at first since I was just quickly using the site every once in a big while, but now that I am actively posting on the forums I wish I could change it to what I really wanted. I changed it on the actual BoxT site, but it didn't change on the forums. Oh well, you live and you learn I guess.

Offline kureshii

• Former Staff
  • May typeset edited light novels if asked nicely.
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2009, 08:53:46 am »
Agbaba = random name i used when signing up for things. (I now wish i chose a better name)
You can choose a better name ;) read the FAQ

Offline Aneroph

• 笑顔で暗闇
    • Deviantart
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2009, 08:59:31 am »
Only changes tracker name.

"Users can rename their account on the tracker by using this form. Please note that the user is required to be a power user with report privileges. You cannot use existing account names, so check before renaming."

and I have done so. Other than that one listing, the FAQ says nothing about forum name change.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:02:40 am by anerph »

Offline agbaba

• just a dream
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:33 pm »
You can choose a better name ;) Read the FAQ

hmm now to think of a new nick. :D
current possibilities edtheradical/tivrusky

btw admin should be able to change our forum name right? ( we can change our tracker name)

Offline Insanity

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 01:51:04 pm »
Insanity is just a random name I used to register... Don't recall why I didn't just use Æthien/Aethien (my usual nickname) but I wish I did now... Insanity looks kind of odd when I'm named Æthien in every other place on the web.

Æthien (Aethien on places where I can't use the Æ) is the name I thought up for myself when I started WoW.
I used it when I joined the Allakhazam forums and it kind of stuck after that so I've used it in pretty much every other place too now.

I like the way it sounds and looks, although many many many people mangle it in horrible ways :(
I've seen and heard every possible twisted way my name could be pronounced.

Offline Lan-the-Pianist

• Former Staff
  • My fingers are faster than your fingers.
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 04:16:36 pm »

btw admin should be able to change our forum name right? ( we can change our tracker name)

Theoretically, yes. We're working out the bugs on that. Aneroph is my test subject =d I try to change his everytime I'm informed I can.
Lan 
I dont care if you and indiana jones go on the holy grail of boob search, looking for a nipple in the shape of new zealand. I really dont give a shit.

Offline Aneroph

• 笑顔で暗闇
    • Deviantart
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2009, 06:37:24 pm »

Theoretically, yes. We're working out the bugs on that. Aneroph is my test subject =d I try to change his everytime I'm informed I can.

lol. I guess I always have to be difficult :D

Offline daley

• I LUBS MY hershey ROBS!
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2009, 03:51:50 pm »
My names Dale.

witness the hershey lub~      where for art thou jellsio?