Author Topic: The General Cat Chat Thread 4  (Read 438964 times)

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
Re: The General Cat Chat Thread 4
« Reply #17620 on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:37 am »
Somehow I think we're arguing the same point xD

In any case, too high, or too low a humidity, neither is good for you or the environment. 40-60 is ideal. Up to 70 is okay, but anything outside these ranges has adverse effects on both animals (humans included) and the environment (such as Ozone formation, glacial defrosting, etc)

Offline 1000mAh

• bananas, melonas, tralala, ding ding dong
« Reply #17621 on: January 12, 2017, 03:04:08 am »
YO

I FEEL HYPER FOR SOME REASON
MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH
HAHAHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHA

lol :D

And over a week till my next meeting with my psychologist~~~~

Oh, but I didn't eat my meds today >_>

Wonder if that could have part in this...

BEATS ME
MUAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAA
HAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA

Don't EVER touch my snacks!||Discord

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #17622 on: January 12, 2017, 04:02:26 am »
Maybe you're just crazy. :laugh:
That's it! I've come up with a new recipe!

Offline Saras

• How might I assist you?
« Reply #17623 on: January 12, 2017, 07:21:35 am »
Oh Russia

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-38563501

Never change. Wait, no, please do.

Online Mistgun_Zero

• Idol~chan
« Reply #17624 on: January 12, 2017, 09:26:04 am »
Do you guys think a GTX 1060 could handle FF XV when it comes out on PC? I would be happy with a 1080p, high to very quality graphic setting (not ultimate settings) and a 45+ fps.

Homu-Homu is troubled

Offline blackhole

• There is no avatar there, it's an illusion.
« Reply #17625 on: January 12, 2017, 10:43:23 am »
With the ratings FFXV gets you still want to play it ?
It's between "Disaster" and "did they really take nearly 10 years in development to release THIS? and here I thought Bethesda was lazy as fuck!" rating.

Online TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
« Reply #17626 on: January 12, 2017, 11:29:03 am »
Imma play it for shits and giggles.
「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #17627 on: January 12, 2017, 11:38:30 am »
Imma avoid it 'coz it's kewel to pretend to hate popular stuff on the internet. Liek Justin Beiber.

Online TiYlER

• 絶対大丈夫だよ!· · · · · · · Smårips er også bær
« Reply #17628 on: January 12, 2017, 11:43:42 am »
I happen to love JB.
「発想の転換が必要なの。あれ、これどっかで聞いたなぁって思ったら、まず逆を考えるわけ。そしたら新しいものが生まれてくるかもしれないじゃない」
muh dick

Offline blackhole

« Reply #17629 on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:52 am »
Of course, you are his clone after all XD

Online Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #17630 on: January 12, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #17631 on: January 12, 2017, 04:05:52 pm »
*Applies eye bleech*
Altmed is altfact!

Online JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #17632 on: January 12, 2017, 04:44:06 pm »
I'll give you an example of 25% humidity @ 40 degrees.

Its dry. So dry that there's a high risk you could rapidly dehydrate. With so little moisture in the air, in order to avoid splitting open, your skin starts sucking water from the nearest source - you.
This water is lost quickly due to the high heat. Sure, its not uncomfortable, but it is a serious risk to your health.
It isn't uncommom for the elderly to just drop dead due to high heat and low humidity.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4727467/

To be fair if it was 40 and >80% humidity, it wouldn't be just the elderly that would die.

No. I understand the stuff in theory. What I'm saying is that I have no personal reference towards a heat as high as that without there being moisture in the air. Showing me data isn't going to change that. The only way to do so would be for me to go to a desert.
Well, you could come to where I work, we're between 10-25%.

And honestly, I'm kinda surprised your house doesn't ever go super low humidity in the winter. I have to have open water containers in my room to not go way too low when winter comes and we get past -15 because the incoming air contains practically no moisture anymore.

Because we can!

Offline Saras

« Reply #17633 on: January 12, 2017, 05:35:58 pm »
I'll give you an example of 25% humidity @ 40 degrees.

Its dry. So dry that there's a high risk you could rapidly dehydrate. With so little moisture in the air, in order to avoid splitting open, your skin starts sucking water from the nearest source - you.
This water is lost quickly due to the high heat. Sure, its not uncomfortable, but it is a serious risk to your health.
It isn't uncommom for the elderly to just drop dead due to high heat and low humidity.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4727467/

To be fair if it was 40 and >80% humidity, it wouldn't be just the elderly that would die.

No. I understand the stuff in theory. What I'm saying is that I have no personal reference towards a heat as high as that without there being moisture in the air. Showing me data isn't going to change that. The only way to do so would be for me to go to a desert.
Well, you could come to where I work, we're between 10-25%.

And honestly, I'm kinda surprised your house doesn't ever go super low humidity in the winter. I have to have open water containers in my room to not go way too low when winter comes and we get past -15 because the incoming air contains practically no moisture anymore.

Honestly, the houses just don't let go of their moisture. It's not uncommon for me to open the windows during the winter to just dry the air out for a bit. The issues we have to control are not of dryneess, but fungal growth.

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #17634 on: January 12, 2017, 06:06:41 pm »
Usually it's the basement that's dry and the second floor is a couple degrees warmer than it should be for me.

With the ratings FFXV gets you still want to play it ?
It's between "Disaster" and "did they really take nearly 10 years in development to release THIS? and here I thought Bethesda was lazy as fuck!" rating.

Not sure where you get this, but that's over-exaggerating. If it were really crap I wouldn't have clocked over 80 hours a few days ago (taking a break to catch up on last season).

I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy either considering today's GameFAQs (lol) poll is rating FFXV above Pokemon of all things.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:15:10 pm by megido-rev.M »

Offline blackhole

« Reply #17635 on: January 12, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »
When I play a game titled after one of the greatest series until 2005, I expect the things like Gameplay, graphics and sound, not being the only things that are 5+, I need storytelling, which as a matter of fact Final Fantasy games lack since FFXII (Excluding Final Fantasy XIV which is driven by story telling throughout the entire game).

So yeh, when all the game has is Graphics, Sound and Gameplay, it's a piece of shit.

Online JoonasTo

• Upholding traditional values
« Reply #17636 on: January 12, 2017, 06:38:15 pm »
@Saras: Huh, maybe your climate's more different than I thought. I always figured it was a lot like ours, just a bit warmer on average. Maybe it's the length of the freezing periods?  :unsure:

Moisture problems are a thing but the room air being dry in winter times is more of a rule than an exception here.

Because we can!

Offline megido-rev.M

« Reply #17637 on: January 12, 2017, 07:00:12 pm »
I need storytelling, which as a matter of fact Final Fantasy games lack since FFXII (Excluding Final Fantasy XIV which is driven by story telling throughout the entire game).

Most people don't really give 90% of a game's weight to how well it tells a story, so I'd see it as subjective.
And I don't know where you were, but during the times when each of the older games just came out (including XII), people including FF fans always bashed the stories, with the exception of the original FFT. As kids we gave a crap as much as we cared how good or bad the stories were (i.e. we mainly cared about playtime).
Though at that time, I think in my case I stopped paying too much attention to story for a while after Xenogears ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Offline Burkingam

• Love, Science & Music
« Reply #17638 on: January 12, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
I am the only one who finds it ironic that running is no longer treated as a mode of transportation? There are people who run 5 to 10 km a day to stay in shape but then take their car to go to work 5 blocks from home. "Active transportation" is almost always synonymous with bicycling.
Altmed is altfact!

Offline Saras

« Reply #17639 on: January 12, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »
@Saras: Huh, maybe your climate's more different than I thought. I always figured it was a lot like ours, just a bit warmer on average. Maybe it's the length of the freezing periods?  :unsure:

Moisture problems are a thing but the room air being dry in winter times is more of a rule than an exception here.

That used to be the case, but yeah climate change happened.

Realistically, our winters now are rather sporadic. We don't really get extended periods of one weather type anymore.

Is there a cyclone above us now? Then it's 0c and reallly reallly fucking wet and there's permanent moisture everywhere or is there anti-cyclone above us now? In which case it's -20.

And since the weather flip flops from basically "holy shit, there are icicles forming in my nostrils" to "is it spring already, where's my umbrella?", the cold never lasts long enough for the dryness to have a real effect.

I am the only one who finds it ironic that running is no longer treated as a mode of transportation? There are people who run 5 to 10 km a day to stay in shape but then take their car to go to work 5 blocks from home. "Active transportation" is almost always synonymous with bicycling.

Running was always a means to an end, not general transportation. People never went from place to place by running, they only did so if they had to chase something.

It's not hard to figure out why really, most people can't really run in their work clothes and if they do they'll end up drenched in sweat.

Cycling or just walking is much more simple. I don't need to have a change of clothes and neither do I need to go into a shower after either.

Also constant running in city environments is far too hazardous for ones personal health than any other option
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:36:29 pm by Saras »