Author Topic: Tracker Software Changed  (Read 15715 times)

Offline Decible

Re: Tracker Software Changed
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 01:03:07 am »
I don't believe I saw anyone say this yet, but I've been getting a scrape error with the new tracker.

Code: [Select]
Scrape Error: Could not decode response, appears to be a website instead of tracker scrape: BDecoder: unknown command '60, remainder = html><head><meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /></head><body>Nothing to see here</body></html>

It's random which torrents get the OK and which torrents get the error, and I've checked the trackers listed in torrents. The ones that get the OK have the same exact tracker as the ones that get the error, and a torrent that gets an OK at one time, will often end up with an error on the next scrape/startup.

The vast majority end up with the error, while only a couple ever get OKs.

System/software specs:
Windows 7 SP1
Java 1.8.0_91 (64 bit)
Vuze v5.7.1.0/4 az2

Offline ridon428

• Dial Four-Two-Eight Toll Free!
    • Personal Site
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2016, 04:21:21 am »
Are you using port 8443? It's not established yet. It won't work for now. Keep using 2710 for a while

Offline TheSddt

• Troll at BakaBT
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 05:43:05 am »
I don't believe I saw anyone say this yet, but I've been getting a scrape error with the new tracker.

Scrape Error: Could not decode response, appears to be a website instead of tracker scrape: BDecoder: unknown command '60, remainder = html><head><meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /></head><body>Nothing to see here</body></html>

It's random which torrents get the OK and which torrents get the error, and I've checked the trackers listed in torrents. The ones that get the OK have the same exact tracker as the ones that get the error, and a torrent that gets an OK at one time, will often end up with an error on the next scrape/startup.

System/software specs:
Windows 7 SP1
Java 1.8.0_91 (64 bit)
Vuze v5.7.1.0/4 az2

It's an issue reported by many Vuze users,                      (you can check the previous posts by searching for the error message)
IMO -
Although there hasn't been a proper solution that was posted for this problem,
I believe it only shows the error for inactive torrents
So as long as they are active (start/force-start it), there will show no problem
:)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:30:01 am by TheSddt »

Offline mehyal

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2016, 07:24:06 pm »

System/software specs:
Windows 7 SP1
Java 1.8.0_91 (64 bit)
Vuze v5.7.1.0/4 az2

It's an issue reported by many Vuze users,                      (you can check the previous posts by searching for the error message)
IMO -
Although there hasn't been a proper solution that was posted for this problem,
I believe it only shows the error for inactive torrents
So as long as they are active (start/force-start it), there will show no problem
:)

I have this problem too , is this just because of vuze ?

I change this option "Forced Seeding" in vuze but this error is continue for many torrents ,

you know when this problem happened ?

When torrents do not have any peers  and go to ( QUEUED) status and wait

for peers  and torrent client ( Vuze) start scrape . sometimes this scrape is OK  , but many 

many of times go to error .

What I must do ???  wait for fix this problem ??!! or change my client ( Vuze) to another client

, for example ( Utorrent) , transfer all my torrents for seed to new client ( Utorrent) ??!!  :( :-\

and one more thing , if I continue USE ( VUZE ) for my client torrents ( I hope )  , would you

please someone guide me about  Changing the tracker from 2710  TO  8443  in VUZE .

thank you

Offline TheSddt

• Troll at BakaBT
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2016, 07:48:24 pm »
[/spoiler]

I have this problem too , is this just because of vuze ?

I change this option "Forced Seeding" in vuze but this error is continue for many torrents ,

you know when this problem happened ?

When torrents do not have any peers  and go to ( QUEUED) status and wait

for peers  and torrent client ( Vuze) start scrape . sometimes this scrape is OK  , but many 

many of times go to error .

What I must do ???  wait for fix this problem ??!! or change my client ( Vuze) to another client

, for example ( Utorrent) , transfer all my torrents for seed to new client ( Utorrent) ??!!  :( :-\

and one more thing , if I continue USE ( VUZE ) for my client torrents ( I hope )  , would you

please someone guide me about  Changing the tracker from 2710  TO  8443  in VUZE .

thank you

[/spoiler]
[/quote]

The specific problem was reported by Vuze users only IIRC
and I,personally, associate that error message to the Vuze client

But, I am a noob in this so if I am wrong maybe a more experienced member will correct me

The only temporary fix (not solution IMO) was that these torrents had no problem when active (i.e seeding/force seeding)
I did read a thread outside BBT where the OP was asked to check his/her ver. of Java was up-to-date or not

I think it would be useful if you got to know more about your error message
and search or ask for solutions in Vuze FORUM

Hopefully this issue gets fixed  :)

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 11:33:46 am »
Quick question:

Was there a peerlist reset? cause I uploaded 2.27GB on this torrent but peerlist stats showed 0 kB. Or does it reset when we stop a torrent?

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2016, 12:44:04 am »
It does not appear so. None of my peerlists changed.

I will note only the old torrents show incorrect figures. New torrents downloaded after the software change display correctly.

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2016, 12:14:02 pm »
Another quick question:

I downloaded this freeleech torrent. But user page shows the downloaded amount. I'm not sure if it did add to my total downloaded. Is this a new tracker feature?

Offline kicks

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2016, 05:44:47 am »
The tracker does not seem to represent torrents that I added from a .torrent I downloaded while I was in a private tab on firefox.

Offline sneaker2

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2016, 12:32:59 pm »
The tracker can only connect torrents to your bakabt user if the torrent was downloaded when logged in. Look at the tracker URL in your torrent client:
A.) "http://tracker.bakabt.me:2710/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/announce.php" means you downloaded when logged in ("XXX..XX" is your private ID)
B.) "http://may.bakabt.me:2710/99c5633...........95f8e208c/announce.php" means you weren't logged in and are downloading anonymously

If you change B to A the tracker should start connecting the torrents to your bakabt account again. (Copy the tracker url from your other torrents or re-download the torrents when you are logged in)

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2016, 02:20:21 pm »
Is there still a plan to restore individual torrent stats? This thread found something that involves stat tracking. Both of us seem to have a mistracked stats

Offline derivativeta

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2016, 12:38:45 am »
Crossposting my site error report here in case it is related to the tracker update:

https://forums.bakabt.me/index.php?topic=14438.msg5120854#msg5120854

Current anonymous/public june.bakabt.me tracker seems to be down, or at least I can't connect to it.

More details:
I've tried many different torrents and I can connect to tracker.bakabt.me/%accounttorrentpass%/announce.php, but I cannot connect to june.bakabt.me/%publictorrentpass%/announce.php, however I was able to successfully download a few shows a few weeks ago when the public tracker resolved to may.bakabt.me/etc

Troubleshooting I've done to make sure it's not a problem on my end:
I'm on Transmission 2.84, also have tried most recent version of Deluge, issue is reproducible. The exact error it gives me is "Got an error could not connect to tracker". This problem has been persistent all throughout yesterday and today. I've also tried on a VPN and on a different network to make sure it wasn't my ISP. Friend who is also a member has reported the same issue to me. Had to register just to report this issue. Can't connect to the may tracker with the new passkey and I don't have the old passkey on hand, and pretty sure it expires anyway. Can provide multiple screenshots and more info if for whatever reason the issue is not as reproducible as I anticipated.

tldr;
I can connect to the tracker when I download .torrent file when I'm logged in, but not when I'm logged out, and I believe this issue began around the move to june, as I downloaded anonymous torrents fine even after the tracker update until right now.

Thanks

This seems related to uptime troubles this past week, now that the website has been restored the anonymous tracker is working again. Thanks for your diligence.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:10:32 am by derivativeta »

Offline zronoa

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2016, 02:34:21 pm »
I have some torrents in my inactive list that I have never downloaded. The first two are Hentai and I don't have enabled adult content and they have the downloaded size 5-6 times bigger than their size. Even so I think they haven't affected my ratio.

The torrents are:
https://bakabt.me/torrent/129308/the-pianist-hh    (size:151 MB   Up:0.00 KB   Down:868 MB)
https://bakabt.me/torrent/130757/take-on-me-complete-dw (168 MB   0.00 KB   999 MB)
https://bakabt.me/torrent/130097/bartender-lunar (2.11 GB   0.00 KB   0.00 KB)

Offline MDW01

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2016, 05:08:19 pm »
I don't know if this is a known bug or anything... the upload total at the top is correct tho

Offline devildragin

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2016, 04:59:24 am »
Is it intentional that utorrent 3.3.1 (still on whitelist.php) no longer works with the tracker? Tried downloading a torrent today and the tracker never finishes 'updating'.

Offline ridon428

• Personal Site
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2016, 09:34:13 am »
Is it intentional that utorrent 3.3.1 (still on whitelist.php) no longer works with the tracker? Tried downloading a torrent today and the tracker never finishes 'updating'.
I use uT 3.3.1 and I can download properly. Either you've just configured it incorrectly or your ISP is blocking it.

Offline devildragin

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2016, 05:49:17 pm »
I haven't touched my utorrent settings in years, fired up a vm and put a different client on it and that worked. Funny thing, restarted utorrent today and it started working too, even though I was able to download from a complete different tracker when I was having the issue with the bakabt one...thanks for the reply though.

Offline ToumaKamijou

• Index Loli Project
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2016, 11:15:49 am »
Anyone else get weird double download ratios for something you only downloaded once?

I'm honestly not sure if any of my other torrents are like this either.

Offline Taggart

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2016, 10:56:21 am »
Anyone else get weird double download ratios for something you only downloaded once?

I've had this issue on multiple, all downloaded within the same general period. Most are double, but a few are triple.

Also noticed lopsided upload ratios; my profile insists I've seeded back 19.9 gigs of Baoh, but my utorrent states closer to 12 or 13 (I can't say exactly, because when I initially saw the double download ratios I assumed I'd been compromised and reset my key). It's quite weird.

Offline Krudda

• 私は 日本語 が 上手 じゃ ありません
    • My Anime List
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2016, 11:40:43 am »
If you people would only read...

I'll post this here again for those who missed it when it first (and second and third etc.) got posted.

Currently, the user stats are not reporting correctly on anything except totals. This means your total ratio up/down is being tracked correctly, but individual torrents may have vastly differing stats to what you actually see on your end, these stats are not reflected on your account.

Do not worry, they will be fixed eventually. For now, track your ration via your client / total uploaded/downloaded stats.