Author Topic: Returning & Introduction Thread  (Read 443793 times)

Offline MistaMuShu

Re: Returning & Introduction Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 09:35:59 am »
My name is Jerry and I just started using boxtorrents again.  I'm really surprised my account didn't get turned off in my long hiatus.  My favorite animes include GTO, Beck, and Elfen Lied.  I'm currently watching Nodame, and Hayate.

Boxtorrents is great for old retired series.  Without it, I never would've gotten hooked into Yawara.

Offline NayaXReno

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2007, 02:08:34 pm »
Hi there,

my name is Naya and I'm a 26 years old female from good old germany. I have a serious addiction with any kind of redheaded character, even the really evil ones....  ;D
(My english is not the best and I'm totally open for any corrections if I mistype/-understand anything!)

These are some Manga I've read or still read:
Fruits Basket (my favorite!)
DeathNote
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Gravitation
Ouran High School Host Club (still on vol 8 duh, need more...)

Some Anime I've seen or still watch:
Fruits Basket
Bleach
Fushigi Yuugi
Gravitation
Loveless (awesome!!!)
Evangelion
Record of Lodoss War
Naruto

My anime addiction started bout 10 years ago when I happened to see an episode of Dragonball (awfully german translated). But it took me years before I actually read my first manga: Fruits Basket, since then my world has never been the same!

Apart from Animeseries I love to watch Supernatural (go Jensen!) and Stargate SG 1
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anyway, thats about it, take care everyone!

Love Naya
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:55:49 pm by NayaXReno »

Offline Maitenieks

• Don`t Do Drugs Drink Tea
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2007, 03:20:35 pm »
Me - 19 years old moron. Who is addicted to anime in some way. Most of the time I`m half-asleep (Can`t do much about it). My favorite drink is tea (If I haven`t drunk tea at least once in a day that day could be described disastrous. I come from Latvia (It`s in Europe, we have a border with Russia). I`m an atheist, not really smart, my English is quite good, but I often mistype and make stupid mistakes, but that goes for every language I know (German, Latvian, English). I really enjoy Heavy music, especially Thrash Metal. That`s all folks. Want something - then ask. I must warn you I might answer :)
Tea Solves (almost) Every Problem
My Anime List

Offline Proin Drakenzol

• Tiny Dragon Powers of Doom!
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2007, 05:16:27 pm »
Hi everyone! ^_^ Some might have seen me recently since I've been doing a lot of uploading here and there, but I was a forum member a long time ago, before Boxtorrents did some upgrades, but I decided to take a break from the forums, and havn't been on the internet much because of work and school. Although I've been checking the tracker from time to time, I think it's been about 2 years since I've last been to the forum... The layout changed so much! it's like a whole new place!

have we figured out that it's gravity, and not the atmosphere, that keeps people from floating around, yet?

anywho.

I'm going to re-introduce myself. why? 'cause I can.

I'm Proin Drakenzol. I'm a 20 year old male that's into anime and Dungeons and Dragons.

my description says I'm Admiral Master Petty Chief Officer First Class, but that's obviously bullshit (such a rank is OE-14, and everyone knows it stops at E-9, W-5 or O-10). In reality I'm an E-3 which is a Seaman. and  it's summer right now so I'm in my white uniform. rotflmao and all that jazz.

I'm going into the AECF program and am (probably) going to be a Firecontrolman, i.e. the guy that shoots the missiles.

ummm.... I also like to flame people on the forums and am generally a douchebag.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 07:15:35 pm by Proin Drakenzol »

The linear nature of your Euclidean geometry both confounds and befuddles me.

Offline KoC

• Was 30 years old when born and grown older since.
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2007, 03:11:35 am »
(My english is not the best and I'm totally open for any corrections if I mistype/-understand anything!)

I... I think I'm in love...

Bloodthirsty Finn || God-emperor of the kingdom of clouds || Over-behemoth of C.C || Agenteer, yarr!

Offline flamecaster

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 06:47:29 am »

yea right u wish huh  :D

Offline KoC

• Was 30 years old when born and grown older since.
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »

Yeah, right. You wish, huh?  :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:41:17 am by KoC »

Bloodthirsty Finn || God-emperor of the kingdom of clouds || Over-behemoth of C.C || Agenteer, yarr!

Offline daley

• I LUBS MY hershey ROBS!
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:09 pm »
I also like to flame people on the forums and am generally a douchebag.

you are not! youre lovely.

<3 joshie

witness the hershey lub~      where for art thou jellsio?

Offline drosophila

• Mandible Type
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2007, 08:14:34 pm »
My name is Erik and I'm a 26-year-old Graphic Design student from Portland, Oregon.  Apart from studying, I spend most of my time watching anime, playing video games, building computers, drinking too much coffee, smoking too many cigarettes, and generally being a shut-in geek.  Surprisingly, I've been with my girlfriend for 5 years, we have two ridiculously cute cats, and she actually likes anime...not so much the video games, but I keep trying to wear her down and get her to play Shin Megami Tensei.  No luck.

I've actually been on BoxTorrents for about 2 years, but only recently thought about giving the forums a shot.  I'm very glad that things are still kicking here, since it's easily been one of the most useful sites around for hunting down new anime/manga addictions.  Hopefully some of the people here can help feed that addiction even further.

Some of my anime favorites:
Full Metal Panic?
Requiem From the Darkness
Gilgamesh
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Gantz
Noir
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Texhnolyze
Wolf's Rain
and so on and so on...

I'm not especially familiar with a lot of manga, but I'm a big fan of Blade of the Immortal, just about anything from Masamune Shirow, Parasyte, Battle Angel Alita, etc.   

So uh...hi!

Offline Twitch

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2007, 06:35:25 am »
Hey everyone, I'm Twitch (not my real name but I post a couple other places under this name). I've been using BoxTorrents for the torrents for a couple years, and decided to check out the forums (I've been looking around for decent anime forums). This place seems to have a combination of good posting and anime fans who aren't completely self-hating. I also like the pace of the boards here (I can't stand sites where you have to be on 24/7 or you miss all of the posts).

As far as myself, I'm an IT student, besides anime I enjoy video games (currently obsessed with Super Robot Wars and Pokemon like probably a lot of you), local metal shows (although I listen to more types of music than just metal), and sometimes being a beer snob.

Some of my favorite anime are FLCL, Gunbuster, Evangelion (and pretty much anything else by Gainax involving robots), Golgo 13, Cromartie High School, Eureka Seven, Elfen Lied, Akira, the list goes on an on; I'm more than willing to talk at length about my favorite anime in case this list isn't enough for someone.

My favorite manga, without a doubt, is Berserk. I didn't read it until a couple months ago, and I can honestly say it's one of the few manga that I've actually felt changed my life. I've also enjoyed everything I've read by Hideo Yamamoto.

Now if you will excuse me, I believe some animes are in order...

Offline razielkain

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 07:14:39 am »
Hi, i´m new here, but i have been using boxtorrents for some time already, but never tried to visit the forums. I spend a lot of time watching anime, playing games and reading useless stuff.

I don´t have a favorite anime genre, i watch what is available at the moment but i easily give up on them if they don´t look interesting in the first chapters(i probably gave up on some good ones...). My favorites, not in order, are Ghost in the shell, GTO, FLCL, Grave of the fireflies, and for manga, the ones by Mitsuru Adachi.

So, see you guys.

Spyritmonger

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2007, 01:46:53 pm »
Ok. I am your lovely neighboor from argentina. ^^

I am 21 YO. I watch anime since i am 6 YO and i started with Transformers ^^.

My English sucks (at least a little =P)!!!

My favourite Manga is Flame Of Recca, I dont watch a lot of anime this days, i read manga, because i am bored of seeing series that has 60 chapters and tells the history of 5 volumes of manga =P.

Well, and dont know what else to say...

See you in the other side ^^

Offline spike

• bang!
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2007, 11:23:04 am »
Hello, i am using box quite a long time now, but i decided to join the forums!! My favorite anime is Bebop, and i am glad to meeting you all!!

Offline XeroSKill

• Former Staff
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2007, 05:39:48 pm »
bebop was an amazing anime, welcome spike.  (if you cant tell, i love ed)  PostLots,PostOften,UseSpacesSometimes.
(even in english)
::needs a new sig, but too lazy to make one::

Offline spike

• bang!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 05:48:10 pm »
bebop was an amazing anime

It is still a amazing anime ;)
And yes i can see you love Ed, nice to see bebop fans here!!

Offline kyanwan

• 口寄せ・穢土転生!
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 03:33:19 am »

My favourite Manga is Flame Of Recca, I dont watch a lot of anime this days, i read manga, because i am bored of seeing series that has 60 chapters and tells the history of 5 volumes of manga =P.

Your English is better than some US born Americans.   Don't be so quick to bash yourself.  :)

O well - I've been away-from-comp for a long time, so let me toss myself out again.

Me = 27 , Comp programmer.  Anime fan since freshman year college (bout 10 years).

I don't watch things more than once... but I hoard for the possibility that I might be able to pass on the DVD or maybe ... maybe ... be tempted to take another view.

Course, I frequent the general chat & spam sections.  Why?  Because I'm bored.

Nothing.

Offline NaRu

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 07:50:23 am »

Your English is better than some US born Americans.   Don't be so quick to bash yourself.  :)

O well - I've been away-from-comp for a long time, so let me toss myself out again.

Me = 27 , Comp programmer.  Anime fan since freshman year college (bout 10 years).

I don't watch things more than once... but I hoard for the possibility that I might be able to pass on the DVD or maybe ... maybe ... be tempted to take another view.

he hasn't met iamdeath

Offline daley

• I LUBS MY hershey ROBS!
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 11:14:06 am »

Your English is better than some US born Americans.   Don't be so quick to bash yourself.  :)

is this the same kyan?
if not. Welcome to the forum anyone. Most people are generally nice on here ^^

witness the hershey lub~      where for art thou jellsio?

Offline kyanwan

• 口寄せ・穢土転生!
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2007, 09:08:47 pm »
Yeah it's the same me.  I've been somewhat a-f-world for a while.  lol.

Nothing.

Offline mariel666

• Gothic Shark
    • My Facebook
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2007, 12:20:07 am »
well seems there is an official place to say hello, "hello"

about me...

Nick Name: Sharky
MMO: city of heroes/villains (virtue); World of warcraft  (emerald dream, shadow council, moonguard)

history of log in and about me: way back i used to play DnD and ran a game store, my main RPG character  was Mariel Martog an elf. my usual forum name was gothicshark, Gothic_shark, gothshark. but i had this insane roommate when i 1st started comming here and he had the odd ability to really get folks mad at him. well he got our IP banned and since we shared IP my nick was added as a alt of his to the list to be black balled so when i was able to log back in i used my elf's name, since she was NE (neutral evil) i added the 666 at the end. but some time very shortly after getting back i moved and i have not really downloaded much since.

ps. about my former roommate. jesse cheezeboy he was a hard core raver looked homeless, and was a nut for massive downloads. well he was ok but he alway felt he was right in all things and believed the most insane ideas, well he also did massive amounts of pot, you may say he new more about illegal drugs then your pharmacist knows about legal ones. because of this i was forced to move from my residence needless by now i guess he's either an admin here or perma banned i wonder which
Evil spelled backward is "live," and we all want to live, don't we?